I don't know why he hasn't shared things in the forum yet, but williamanderson is working on a nifty looking shmup that he's shown on Twitter a bit. Hope he does't mind me calling him out for what looks like great work and cool game. Same guy that made Wax the Hippo.

I'm a big shmup fan and it seems like the idea behind his shmup, which I think is called "Monster Hull," is not unlike a monster trainer game where you defeat baddies to collect them and then build them up to keep the battle going.

Sprites look pretty solid but the concept of mixing a trainer with a shmup isn't one I've seen before exactly. Following this one pretty closely and hope it gets shared somewhere soon, even as a demo.

I can't easily copy images from tweets, so here's the one with nice GIF
https://twitter.com/TheWAAnderson/status/738904751719485441

You can follow him on Twitter to get more updates:
https://twitter.com/TheWAAnderson

And if you haven't bothered, do a search on Twitter for the #pico8 hashtag and you'll see all sorts of projects and sprites. A lot of non-game art is using the P8 palette and it's very cool to see.

P#22419 2016-06-06 13:37 ( Edited 2016-06-06 19:13)

I am checking out #pico8 on twitter daily. It is amazing to see what people are making or just thinking about pico8.

I have seen William's shoot'em'up from the time when it was shown as a simple shooter. At that point I was kinda meh, I am not a huge shooter fan, but it looked nice. When he twitted that it is also a monster training RPG I was intrigued, but I was really sold when he unveiled the name: Monster Hull. In my book, that's just awesome!

I am looking forward to this game a lot, as well as Tassilo's "A wild west adventure"

P#22421 2016-06-06 14:18 ( Edited 2016-06-06 18:18)

I saw the shots of the Old West game too and that looks super solid. It's exciting seeing what others are doing and the screen grabs alone are really inspiring. Also motivating to guys like me that haven't yet found the sweet spot for making a game yet but can clearly see anything is possible.

P#22422 2016-06-06 15:13 ( Edited 2016-06-06 19:13)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-18 07:01:47 | 0.006s | Q:9