PICO-8 iPhone Shell
This is a work-in-progress iPhone Shell for PICO-8 featuring
- real gamepad controls (digital and analog)
- pixel-perfect scaling
- low latency (run loop reading input runs 60 times a second)
Note: I am abandoning this project because I now use the ClockworkPi Gameshell.
It uses the Gamepad API that was introduced with iOS 11 and was tested with the following MiFI-Controllers:
|Kanex GoPlay Sidekick||Yes|
|SteelSeries Stratus||Yes after Firmware Update|
|Logitech PowerShell Controller||No|
No more touch support at the moment.
On the iPhone SE you have pixel-perfect scaling. Since the iPhone SE's display is 640 pixels wide you can do a 5x integer scale for razor sharp pixels. For a more full-screen experience turn the phone sideways.
Click to start the game (necessary to enable audio).
You can test it out on your phone:
To Change the Game
Load your PICO-8 cart and export it as html with this command
Keep the mygame.js file and throw away the other files. Change line 66 in iPhone.html to reference your exported cart.
- Use new fullscreen API in iOS 12/13
- Test other bluetooth controllers in iOS 13
- Does saving to home screen work now? (Pinning the website to the homescreen used to disable Gamepad functionality)
[Please log in to post a comment]