Rock 'n' Roll Helicopter of Death

Whenever a band has no audience they can call the Rock 'n' Roll Helicopter. As a pilot it is your duty to bring everyone to the dance floor then. But be careful, the partying crowd may reward you with drugs. And these might influence you pilot skills. So look out! Otherwise you will become the Rock 'n' Roll Helicopter of death.

CONTROLLS

Arrow Keys: Navigate
Z: Pick up
X: Drop

Cart #rnrhelicopter-0 | 2018-12-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This game was made during two weeks with no prior experience in Pico-8. So I would be glad about any recommendations or code optimizations. I think a lot of things could have been done more efficiently or elegantly.

I'm looking forward for your feedback.

P#60064 2018-12-17 21:31 ( Edited 2018-12-17 21:43)

This is an interesting, fun little game! Really cool for a firstie on the platform.

For suggestions, you can use pal() to pretty easily introduce some randomisation in terms of what the people you pickup look like without having to create brand new sprites. It'd be pretty cool if the intro text only showed on the first start, or if when restarting, pressing the other button let you skip past it and get right into playing again. Maybe a quick explanation of what the different substances do on the first run could be cool, since I found it a liiittle bit difficult to work out while just playing. And a way to extend the timer could be cool as well (maybe on delivering someone)?

Anyways, fun game, nice job :)

P#60103 2018-12-19 11:11

[Please log in to post a comment]