Cart #50470 | 2018-03-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi everyone. This is my first time ever making a PICO-8 game and I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm posting this here to possibly recruit some help, and to share the work I've made for anyone else trying to do the same thing. PICO-8 is a first in literally every category: first time ever "designing" a game (I say that loosely, I really am recreating Gradius in a sense, so I can barely take credit), first time doing pixel art, first time using PICO-8... the list really goes on.

I started with A PICO-8 Shooter In 16 GIFs as my base, and worked towards rotating it 90 degrees to make it more like how I was envisioning. Shoutouts to @ztiromoritz for putting that little tutorial together.

For not knowing crap about how to do this stuff, I'm really proud of myself that I even got as far as I have so far. I have high hopes that I can, eventually, get most of the stuff in my list to work with the help of playing other games and viewing the code to figure the features out. I'm shooting in the dark (no pun intended) with everything I'm working on, so it'll likely take me a lot more time than other people who probably do this regularly. I also think I probably picked a really challenging endeavor for someone who has never done this before. But alas, I've always been good with trial by fire.

I will update this post (and the cart) as I finish things worth finishing. Here's to seeing 1.0 come out before I'm old and crusty (ha, jokes on me, I'm already old).

Things In The Works (in no order):

• Getting the enemies to spawn from the actual right side of the screen, and to be a bit more random and less clumped together.
  • Levels. I would like to put some levels in the game so it's not the same thing the entire time.
  • Power Ups.
  • Bosses.
  • Extra Lives.
  • Proper Title Screen.
  • Sound Effects.
  • High Score board.

Things I Can't Do And Would Love Help On:

• Music. Goodness creating music is hard and hurts my brain.

--PT6

P#50471 2018-03-16 05:26 ( Edited 2018-03-16 09:26)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 19:59:20 | 0.012s | Q:11