A low-key puzzle platformer set in the clouds at night. There's just enough level right now to show off the mechanics, and give you an idea of what I'm planning to do with it.
This is a working title. Suggestions for titles that aren't terrible are welcome, as is other feedback.
- It's possible to create situations that prevent you from finishing the level, even using a portal to backtrack. (Let me know if you do this while trying to follow the critical path, though.)
- Jumps occasionally don't completely jump, making stair-climbing not as smooth as it could be.
- New map art. It's now much closer to the final visual style that I want.
- New map section.
- New map. This will probably change a bunch more times before it's final but this one is a better reflection of the kind of thing I want to do with this.
- Recalling to a portal now resets block positions to what they were the first time you passed through that portal. That should make them more useful for resetting puzzle state, and also make it harder to get stuck by pushing blocks over them.
- The camera no longer tracks the player pixel for pixel on the y axis, which is to say, it won't follow every jump, it'll just follow when you land (or fall for more than a couple of blocks).
- Lots of physics tweaks. It's not all the way there yet but I have finer-grained control over getting it there. (Specific feedback about this is super welcome.)
- v0.3.1: Mostly graphics updates -- twinklier portals, signier signs, parallaxical stars. But also, portals will update their knowledge of saved block state if you revisit them, and player speed is slowed down a little.
- v0.3.2: Added a little bit more puzzle, just because you're cool and deserve it.
- Simplified most of the controls,
- Spruced up some sprites, and
- Added a little bit more level.
- Still need to tweak the physics, and put portal recall on the unused button.
- v0.2.1: Recalling while carrying a box causes you to drop the box; this prevents both getting stuck because your carried box gets stuck in a wall, and getting stuck in a hole while lifting a box.
- v0.2.2: Minor control tweaks.
- I got a bunch of work done today on an idea I've had kicking around for a while. This demo just walks you through the controls and then gives you one little puzzle at the end. I know the player physics are kinda gummy right now, but I'm interested in how the controls feel and whether you have any trouble getting to the end.
[Please log in to post a comment]