TIP: Play in full screen!
This is my contribution to the Ludum Dare 39 compo. The theme of this LD was Running out of Power.
The year is 3017
Earth is under attack again...
You are the last space pilot.
Unfortunately, your ship has only one generator left..
Choose wisely where you direct its power!
How to play
- Use <left> and <right> arrow keys to move
- Use <up> and <down> to select where you direct your power: recharge your cannon, rockets or shield
- Use <z> to fire your cannon
- Use <x> to fire your rockets
- Catch powerups to replenish some power, do more damage, recover faster
- Note that your cannon is more powerful when fully charged
- The color of the bullets indicate how much damage they do, same for the enemy's bullets.
Update 1.4: bug fix, enemies aiming bullets are now deleted when off-screen
Update 1.5: bug fix, shield powerup never came due to wrong number of powerups in line 241 (changed 4 to 5)
I like it, it's very satisfying to play. It begins to slow down around round 4 and is pretty unplayably slow by round 7. I thought it was just slowing down because of too many projectiles, but it even towards the end of a wave it never really gets back to full speed. I had a glance at the code and I think perhaps it's accumulating "aimies" indefinitely. I see code to create new ones, but there's nothing that ever deletes from that array.
[Please log in to post a comment]