Cart #37135 | 2017-02-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hey community,

So I've had this project lying around since the start of this year but never really uploaded it since I didn't feel it was finished.
Though now I've decided I'd probably won't do anything to it anymore, I'd just throw it on here for anyone to use, try and improve how they like.

So a bit about the game, it's a demake of the game I'm working on as a day-job, which is Curve Fever 3 (which can be played at curvefever.io).
To get the hang of uisng PICO-8 I decided to see if I could remake this game since I work on it on a daily basis, so here you have it.

So here are a few quirks of the game that could be improved or are missing:

• The game doesn't have AI.
  • While in this state the game has 4 players, only 2 can be controlled (should be solvable by using different input handling).
  • There is menu to select the amount of players.
  • No music... Sorry!
  • No game-end.

While a lot of things are missing, I feel the game is pretty fun to try out and see how it is set up, if you like that kind of stuff.
I tried to implement certain things the same way as we do in Curve Fever 3 (like how powerups work), so that might give you some interesting insight :)

Hopefully someone will have a bit of fun with this or can learn a thing or two.
I'd love to hear your comments on how to improve stuff or what you think of the game.

Best regards,
SojaBird.

P#37137 2017-02-04 10:13 ( Edited 2017-02-04 15:14)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 10:45:29 | 0.009s | Q:10