I feels like the traditional way to load a cart is too slow, so make a FasterLoader with UI and interact by keys may be better. But the file commands like cd, load, and open are not available for coding!.
I can use load and cd in the code but it just doesn't gives any reaction feels like the code not existing. What's more, the open command is not even included in because while I tried to run it, the terminal says syntax error, which makes me feel upset. ;(

P#146262 2024-04-10 11:06

That’s exactly what I’m trying to figure out these last days. Every program needs an installer to be installed easily by beginners.

I know of create_process() which can run a cart inside your system. But I still don’t know of any code function that let’s you save inside a chosen a path. Would also be neat to be able to run “load #bbs-cart” from code

Let’s hope a pico veteran gives us the answers we need!

P#146267 2024-04-10 11:45 ( Edited 2024-04-10 12:20)

fetch is probably the function you are looking for, both for loading local files and getting files from the internet. store can be used to save to the Picotron drive.

I'd give an example, but Picotron keeps mysteriously crashing on me about a minute or less after launching it, so I can't look into the system functions right now to show you how it's done - I would suggest looking at /system/util/load.lua to find some examples.

P#146274 2024-04-10 13:03

[Please log in to post a comment]