Cart #apibrowser-0 | 2024-04-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Pico-8 A-Z: A Pretty API Browser for You and Me

> A Tool by ★ iiviigames
Follow on Twitch!

∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧

How to Use the Api Browser 1.0

∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧∧

> Save this bad boy to the local unit for optimum effectiveness...

Simply 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘸 𝘬𝘦𝘺𝘴, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 t𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘱𝘪.

• ➡️ / ⬇️ to move forward
  • ⬅️ / ⬆️ moves backwards

> NOTE: This cart saves a log to the desktop for your ♥

Featurez

T𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘮 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘢𝘯 𝘢𝘭𝘱𝘩𝘢𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘭 𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘹 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘶𝘯𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦, saving directly to the desktop for easy access!

T𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘰𝘳, 𝘨𝘰 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘢𝘣, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘦𝘵 writeapi 𝘵𝘰 false.

A𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘮'𝘴 𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘴...

• I'𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘥𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦, 𝘢𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘱𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘪𝘮𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘶𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘮𝘴 𝘱𝘦𝘳 𝘱𝘢𝘨𝘦.
  • B𝘺 𝘴𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 itemsperpage 𝘵𝘰 1, 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘦𝘹𝘢𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘧𝘶𝘯𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘵 𝘢 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘭𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘵𝘢𝘭 𝘯𝘶𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘧𝘶𝘯𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 P𝘪𝘤𝘰-8 API as a whole.

Why I Made This

This tool was created to quickly scan through the pico-8 api, & has many use cases for myself, as I'm the fella' who maintains the stylish though unofficial API site at:

Check it out over on Github

It needed to be updated but so did some other things: things like sublime text's miserably ancient pico-8 syntax and highlighter. I've made drastic, very useful changes to its language lexer, regexes, theme settings, syntax highlighter, and snippets, among other things too.

I haven't made that public yet, as i'm not quite done, but this tool is something i'd been doing for a while, and i kept on needing to see the api in its full context for different reasons - this is just v1.0

I intend to make a few updates which will enable this to work like an interactive help tool, selecting individual functions and getting their help page displayed, and making it all very pretty and user-friendly.

Look forward to that in 2.0.

Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen

I hope this tool, if nothing else, allows you to discover a useful function you didn't even know was there! newbies
should browse the code too - there's some good stuff in here to repurpose for other things!

> ♥ always,
>
>> ~ Vee
>> ~ aka: iiviigames
>> ~ aka: u/corenerd, friendly neighborhood mod over at r/pico8

P#146165 2024-04-09 15:28 ( Edited 2024-04-09 15:30)

[Please log in to post a comment]