Cart #pico_dictator101-0 | 2019-12-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Ok, here's the bug fixed version 1.01 of Pico Dictator.

This is a pico-8 demake of one of my childhood memories, the turn based strategy game "DICTATOR" for the Sinclair ZX Spectrum.

I didn't recreate it 100% but instead tried to recreate the look and feel of the game (I added some more graphics etc). The internal engine for the game rules though should be nearly identical.

In DICTATOR you are the ruler of the African banana republic Ritimba and you need keep the different factions of the country - the army, the peasants and the landowners - happy while working tightly together with your secret police. Other parties you need to manage are the guerillas, the neighbor Leftoto, the Russians and the Americans.
Try to grab as much money as you can and stay alive as long as you are able to.

The complete manual of the game is down below in the comments.

See here for more info about the original game:
URL world of spectrum info

See here for a video of the game:

This is the C source code I based my version on:
URL github repo of c version

I initially converted it to an iPhone app called LowRes coder in BASIC and then converted the BASIC code semi automatically to pico-8 - that's why the code doesn't look very lua-like...

And I had to ditch the comments so that I came below the compressed limit of 15360 chars.
(I had to replace my color constants also...)

Have fun!

PS: To be honest - I haven't tested it very deeply - so it could be that there are still some errors - feedback appreciated!

PPS:
Here are the original instructions: https://www.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sinclair/games-info/d/Dictator.txt

P#70701 2019-12-08 15:34

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 15:03:19 | 0.009s | Q:16