Create and manage your factory to build a space elevator!
Unsatisfactory is a retro demake of the game Satisfactory. Feel the satisfaction of creating and managing a large automated factory on Pico-8!
- Collect resources.
- Build a simple power grid.
- Construct an efficient system of conveyor belts connecting miners, smelters and more.
- Complete goals to build an elevator to space!
- About an hour of playtime, depending on how organized you are :)
The game includes tutorials/goals to guide you along, but here are some tips:
- X - Menu/Select
- O - Gather/Back
- Select the Space Elevator in the top left to view your goals
- Hold and drag to create belts
- Your burner always needs coal/wood in it's inventory
- Try to stay organized or things can get out of hand!
Thanks for playing!
Let me know if you have any issues or feedback!
(Also, go check out Satisfactory. It's extremely good.)
- Added concrete as a goal item (thanks cakepie!)
- Updated item labels for cells with mixed inventories
- Lightened iron vein slightly for better visibility
- Belt drawing can no longer destroy buildings
- Fixed an issue allowing players to Destroy water tiles (Thanks mr.panda!)
- Fixed an issue with ending a belt on a water tile
Very nice! A couple of comments:
I had difficulty finding iron at first, perhaps make it look more distinctive vs rocks
Most items are required by the goals (either directly or indirectly as an intermediate step before final product). Except for concrete. Although limestone got requested multiple times. Consider changing some of the later limestone requests to concrete.
Bare tiles and storage tile can have mixed contents in the cell inventory, but draw_header always prints <item_count> <name_of_first_item> regardless of contents. It would be helpful to print 'mixed items' instead of item name when contents are not purely of one type.
Storage behaves as a large buffer (fifo i think?) but inventory view shows only five individual items. When there are mixed contents, its not possible to retrieve individual items that are not among the first five, you must empty out the entire storage to access those items. Two ideas that could help:
- display consecutive items of same type as a stack (like player inventory)
- left-right "scrollable" view of the storage contents, by keeping track of an offset from start.
Edit: oof, just noticed this is already at token limit, so the latter two feature requests might be hard to pull off.
[Please log in to post a comment]