Cart #dufrasago-1 | 2020-02-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

==Balls to the Wall==

This is a game I made over the Christmas break and am just now finally publishing on bbs. I'm not really satisfied with how it turned out, but I figured it'd be good to post it to get some criticism. Unfortunately, there is no audio on this cart :( The code is pretty embarassing, but it was definitely a good learning experience for my next projects. Let me know what you think!

The controls are:

Z - change orientation
X - create wall
arrow keys - move cursor around screen

Buttons:
Put your cursor over the 'start' button to release the balls from their cage
Put your cursor over the 'eraser' to change your wall creator into an eraser. Touch the button again to revert it back to wall creator mode

P#72825 2020-02-06 20:17 ( Edited 2020-02-06 21:57)

Got to level 5! Plays pretty similarly to Jezzball from the Microsoft Entertainment Pack. I'm sure there are other clones I'm not aware of, too.

I think from the outset, the controls are a little confusing, and it's pretty easy to page through the instructions accidentally. I think I finally understand how the "start" section works, but it's not clear to me why walls are removed sometimes.

I love your bouncy handwritten looking custom font a lot! It's a fun vibe.

Great start, and I hope you continue making more carts!

P#72834 2020-02-06 22:13 ( Edited 2020-02-06 22:14)

@gate88 Thanks for the reply!

I couldn't remember what that game Jezzball was called for the life of me! I'm glad you jogged my memory.

I'm glad you liked the font that was probably the most time consuming part of this haha.

The instructions were definitely something that needs to be improved thanks for the input :)

P#72901 2020-02-08 02:36

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-16 05:00:55 | 0.018s | Q:20