Cart #4752 | 2011-11-21 | Embed ▽ | No License

This is a set of objects I made, based off the overworld from the first Dragon Quest/Warrior, learning a lot since I made the LoZ objects. The reason I specifically say Dragon Quest is because I didn't do the shore graphics that were added around bodies of water for the NA release of the game, because it would've been annoying to do, and no matter how I did it when I tried, I couldn't get them to look right. Maybe in the future I'll mess around with it.

So, here they are, for anyone to use. Like last time, I copied the objects pixel-for-pixel, and then brought them into the third dimension somewhat. The way the trees, hills and mountains are, it could be fun to place enemies behind 'em. I'm especially happy at how the bridges turned out.

Also, the short hills aren't improperly aligned; they're 1 pixel higher than the other objects on the bottom in the game's tileset, and that's how I chose to interpret it.

The slimes are there because I ended up with a couple extra unused object spaces made, and didn't want to leave them empty. That, and I like slimes.

P#4754 2011-11-21 18:26 ( Edited 2011-11-21 23:41)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 09:08:56 | 0.009s | Q:13