Log In  
Log In  

Hello,
The PICO-8 icon was on my desktop for quite some time, without me trying anything more than playing but yesterday I decided to try and do something with it.
Here is the result :

Cart [#40328#] | Code | 2017-05-08 | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA | Embed
1

It is a simple sandbox game for the moment. No real gameplay : you can place pipes and then see the water flowing through the circuit.
It could become a classical plumber game or maybe something slightly more complicated, I am still thinking about it .

It is my first PICO-8 game and Lua project so don't hesitate to comment and criticise.
Oh and let me know if you see any "game breaking" bugs, I could not test it thoroughly yet.

P#40330 2017-05-08 15:21 ( Edited 2017-05-11 12:57)

Hello.
I figured I would ask for help on this topic.

I'm trying to improve my game but I am stuck with an "out of memory" error.
The fluid simulation now involves more tables, so it could be the cause but I suspect there is a bug somewhere.
However I can't pinpoint it.

So I have several questions :
What are the usual causes of this error ? What is the memory limit, can it easily become a problem ? What could I do to investigate the cause ?

P#40437 2017-05-10 19:12 ( Edited 2017-05-10 23:12)

As a note, stat(0) goes from 0 to 1023.99... actually, it's CPU (aka stat(1) ) that you want to keep under 1.0 :)

P#40443 2017-05-10 20:37 ( Edited 2017-05-11 00:37)

Thank you both !
My code should not use that much memory under normal conditions, so it must be a logic bug. That stat() function may help.
I may ask for more help, and include the code, if I can't find the problem.

EDIT : The biggest issue is certainly that an out of memory error apparently erase the whole RAM, it doesn't ease the debugging...

P#40455 2017-05-11 08:57 ( Edited 2017-05-11 14:00)

[Please log in to post a comment]

About | Contact | Updates | Terms of Use
Follow Lexaloffle:        
Generated 2019-05-25 12:53 | 0.020s | 4194k | Q:26