Greetings,

I just bought PICO-8 last night and installed it in retro-pie and I am very happy with the results, however, I cannot seem to get the "right" direction on my USB controller (while working with everything else) seems to open a small menu instead of what I expect.

Its very odd and I haven't tried a new controller (yet) but as I say everything (including the retro-pie navigation) works perfectly when I use the right direction key. Even the PICO-8 navigation for right direction works, but all bets off once I am playing a game (its unusual).

Just for fun I setup the controller all over again but same results. Is there something in the PICO-8 menu (or something underneath) that I am missing? Thanks for any help. Is it possible this is happening because I am using the -spore option or something (because the menu it opens is to get back to the splore menu, etc..)

USB controller is a converted (I have had it for years) working NES controller to USB. Maybe I don't have enough buttons?

P#38273 2017-03-15 07:15 ( Edited 2017-03-16 03:43)

Try getting controllermap or gamepadtool to make a proper mapping for it. Those are the tools mentioned in pico-8.txt.

The ones I use are NES knockoffs it's the perfect number of buttons (well, has a button to spare).

P#38283 2017-03-15 23:43 ( Edited 2017-03-16 03:43)

[Please log in to post a comment]