As I was writing Save Yourself I needed some proper debugging methods to speed up finding bugs. Because my game was almost over token and char limit I had to completely scrap debug code at the end of the cycle. So I thought moving this debug to other cart may help someone in same need as I was.
- Prints messages with time (in seconds) attached.
- Deals with strings, numbers and nils
- Ability to control number of messages shown
- Ability to use spam filter - useful when you debug something every frame
- Show cpu consuption for update and draw method
- Have space for player coordinates and additional info visible below messages
Code is non minified and commented. Feel free to ask questions.
GIF from Save Yourself showing how debug looked in game:
Edit: occured to me I could add ability to change how much of a screen debug messages take. I will add this in a update, when I get some time to do that...
P#34287 2016-12-27 04:35 ( Edited 2016-12-27 10:04)
[Please log in to post a comment]