Seems that while copying a full line in the editor, including the [LF] ending, when later pasting, the line ending of the pasted line is replaced with a [CR][LF].

Not that big a deal really, except.. the [CR][LF] gets counted as a token

--

Thanks Zep for making such a cool toy. Just got this 24 hours ago and it isn't letting me get any work done.

P#19580 2016-04-04 01:18 ( Edited 2016-04-05 16:15)

Yeah, I've noticed this, too. Because of it (and because my main project is now almost 2000 lines), I've started editing most of my .p8 files in Sublime Text, with a plugin that removes spaces from line endings. I just set tabs to 1 space, set a guide at column 33 (so it'll be readable in the Pico editor), and set syntax highlighting to Lua.

P#19592 2016-04-04 16:29 ( Edited 2016-04-04 20:29)

Hm, I'm, barely pushing 500 lines testing, getting a feel for it when I noticed I was eating up a a few more tokens than I should have been.

I'm going to try out your solution Scathe, gives me a reason to finally download Sublime Text and play with it. I typically use ZBStudio for Lua dev and I don't think I want to try making that work with Pico just yet. Alternatively I could also just Vim it.

You might not have to set Sublime's tabs to 1 space (unless it's preference ofcourse), seems the internal Pico editor renders tabs ("\t") as 1 space already.

P#19605 2016-04-05 00:17 ( Edited 2016-04-05 04:17)

Well, I have my tabs in Sublime set to use spaces instead of tabs, and I use 2 spaces for web dev, so it'll render in Pico as 2 spaces. I set it to 1 for Pico files so it doesn't use too many columns in the Pico editor.

Just a caution about Sublime Text - I wouldn't purchase it. Just use the free demo (which is not time limited or feature limited, but shows a nag screen every ~50 or so saves). I made the mistake of buying it, and finding out that it's been abandoned by its creator. There have not been any updates for it in years, and Sublime Text 3 has been in beta (or alpha?) for several years without updates as well. So if you DO decide to purchase it, do so knowing that the ONLY thing you get is removal of the nag screen, and will likely never get anything else. If you want to buy it to support the developer though, then that's an honorable decision, although you (probably) won't be supporting future development of the software.

Some free alternatives to Sublime that are very similar (if not almost exactly the same) are Adobe Brackets and GitHub's Atom. The only main difference is the available addons for each editor, though most of the more common and useful ones for Sublime have been ported to both.

P#19608 2016-04-05 12:15 ( Edited 2016-04-05 16:20)

[Please log in to post a comment]