Cart #kc_shmup-2 | 2023-10-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Kill or Contain | Shmup

Prepare your weapons and head to space, go blast some aliens in this wave based shoot’em up!
Nine levels full of monsters ready to kill you, and a final boss awaiting for a challenger!

Controls

Rules

- Shoot them before they shoot you. You only have five lives.

- Get the PINK flowers, as they bring hope back to your heart… and give you an extra life if you gather 10 of them! Or use ‘em to power your spread shot.

The more flowers you have, the more powerful the spread shot is. But be aware, using this will deplete your flowers!

- Getting RED flowers will bring a burning passion to your soul, putting you into a super state of extra fire power!

- Killing attacking enemies gives you more score, and getting a critical hit (blue lines) gives you even more. Seek the High-score!

Behind The Scenes | My First Game

This wasn’t my first attempt at making a game, but the first that made it to the end, and that’s a huge achievement for me.
Through the years I’ve tried plenty of different engines, and ways of making games but none really stuck with me, as it was always really complicated, specially the programming part.
But it was different when I found PICO-8. It’s quite the strange thing, even more considering the way it presents itself; ‘Virtual Console’ definitely brings uniqueness.
Thus, I found a mean through I could realise my long lasting dream of game dev, and with the help of Krystian from Lazy Devs, I did it!
Following along his tutorial was a delight, thanks to his charisma and great way of teaching. For that, I can only thank you, this truly means a lot to me.

Other than that, there is something I’d like to add about the theme and story of the game. I also happen to write, so I based the game on my ongoing space/ cosmic horror short story. The space invaders style of the game just fit.
Although my story isn’t finished yet, I will try to get it done soon, as I have already taken too long. When that happens, there’s going to be a link here for anyone to read, so check it out if you’re interested! I'll leave my Tumblr here for any new info: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/ique312

Credits

A Game made by some guy (myself) with the help of Krystian from Lazy Devs, which I’d like to thank once more.

P#129722 2023-05-14 18:12 ( Edited 2023-10-28 11:35)

Another Cherry Shoot Em Up game! Cool!

P#129896 2023-05-19 03:55

Thanks man, final version is 99,9% done. But making music is kinda hard

P#130038 2023-05-22 20:00

This is the most fun shmup I've played on Pico-8, well done! It feels balanced and real satisfying.

P#136429 2023-10-26 11:13

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 16:50:18 | 0.010s | Q:21