Cart #starsucker-1 | 2022-10-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

SAVE THE UNIVERSE ON YOUR JOURNEY TO SPACE STATION SIX!

Controls

Use your game controller to insert coins in order to play this game!

If you play it on your phone, please note that Itch has the O and X buttons mapped wrong. If you play it on a keyboard you can use the arrow keys to move, XMV to shoot, and ZNC to bomb.

Rules

Fire bullets at the invading enemy. COLLECT CHERRIES! Cherries can be spent by bombing ---OR--- by collecting 10 cherries to earn a new spaceship.

Pretend you are a teenager and try to get the High Score!

Behind the scenes

Hey guys, I am an architect, not a programmer. I made this game to capture some nostalgia from my teenage years when games like Galaga were available to play at the back of your convenience store.

Credits

This game exists as an artifact of the shmup tutorial by Lazy Devs Academy. Thanks Krystman for allowing me to pretend I was a game developer in the late 1970's!

P#118254 2022-10-01 02:03 ( Edited 2022-10-01 03:13)

A lot of people ask, what is the stuff at the bottom of the interface? The simple answer is SHOTS, HITS, % ACCURACY, WAVE #, PREVIOUS HIGH SCORE.

In the original Galaga, the game kept track of your accuracy, and told you what it was when your game was over. I wanted to do something similar, but this was as far as I got!

P#118257 2022-10-01 03:21

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-20 12:47:26 | 0.011s | Q:17