gameplay

V0.1:

• added letter notation in the options

Controls:
Arrows keys to select the note
X to confirm
O to open the menu

Notes:
Ok so, I am not an artist, a musician or a developer.
This is my first project and it is just a beta version, I decided to put it online nonetheless to obtain feedback and advice.
Please do not hesitate to try it and tell me what you think and what I should improve.
I would like to implement more detailed statistics and the option to switch the notes names (C,D,E,... instead of Do,Re,Mi,...)

Credits:
Thanks to Krystman (Lazydevs Academy) for the tutorials.

P#112235 2022-05-24 20:57 ( Edited 2022-05-31 22:27)

<3. do like the aesthetic. please do impliment lettered notes.

P#112247 2022-05-25 03:02 ( Edited 2022-05-25 03:04)

On your main menu you use X to select the menu item but then O to dismiss the dialog that pops up (for options and credits.) It seems a bit weird to use a different button but that might just be me.

Otherwise though I think this is really cool! I like that you're using directions to indicate the notes rather than having to go through a menu which would get tedious fast.

I'll echo Ummmm_ok: lettered notes would be great at least as an option. I find it takes me longer because I'll be like, "okay, that's an E and E is....do, re, mi. Mi, E is mi." But, again, that could just be me.

One idea if you're looking for further suggestions: Maybe a timed challenge mode? Throw up a timer and a note, maybe only give four options—the correct one and three random—instead of all seven and have them connected to the main directions of the d-pad which confirm as soon as it's pressed. Then toss up another note and so on. You could even keep all the notes on screen by moving along the staff and colour them green and red (or whatever) depending on if you get right or wrong.

P#112254 2022-05-25 10:08

Hi!
First of all thanks for taking the time to try this out, much appreciated!
I have just added the lettered notes in the options.
Thanks for the suggestions as well, I will try to implement the "timed challenge mode" with the 4 notes on screen, I think it could be fun.

P#112541 2022-05-31 22:32

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 23:37:28 | 0.012s | Q:21