Cart #switchstick-1 | 2021-12-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a beta build of a multiplayer vs game inspired from Spinstick, which was originally made by @db0z

Any feedback / bug reports about the game would be greatly appreciated!

Controls / Rules

left / right arrows - move player 1 (pink)
S / F - move player 2 (blue)

Hit the ball above the white line to pass play to the other player
If the ball falls off the bottom of the screen while you are the active player, you lose
You can tell who is the active player by seeing who's paddle is lighter

Changelogs

Initial Release

Added singleplayer mode, simply hit the ball to get a point, see how many points you can get
Added configurable settings for gamemode, gravity and switchline height
Added highscore to singleplayer mode, high scores can only be set with default gravity (7)

P#101853 2021-12-07 09:54 ( Edited 2021-12-08 08:33)

interesting! after 5~10 minutes, the highest rally I can get (playing against myself) is only 3 or 4, one time -- this is really difficult to control. It seems like one useful thing to do as a player is to predict where the ball will go and then get there super early, so you have time to spin around an extra half-rotation and hit the ball with your backside.

I wonder what it would be like if gravity changed every time the ball got above the white line, and the second player lived at the top of the screen; like this:

That would also probably give the ball a lot more airtime between hits (which IMO would be nice)

but by analogy, if you've never played IRL pingpong it might take a while to learn enough to get a good rally going... maybe that's my situation here -- maybe there's a high skill ceiling and I've given up too soon. (still, some difficulty options or a training mode might be nice)

P#101999 2021-12-08 00:06

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-16 08:37:03 | 0.023s | Q:17