Wave Race Legend
Hop on Jetski, catch some air, and smash your opponents!
|POST YOUR HIGHSCORES IN THE THREAD BELOW!|
* Left/Right to move
* X/Z/Down (while airborne) to smash opponents
* Real-time wave simulation
* Tight arcade controls
* Endless gameplay
* Combo system
* Dynamic 4 color palette
* 3 new songs by Gruber_Music
Dev Log (expand below)
* New music by Gruber_Music (2 new songs + remaster of original song).
* Proper in-game credits.
* Original Release
* New Logo (Font)
* Palette swap is now tied to score rather than user selected (changes every time difficulty increases).
* Added new Nightmare palette to 5th wave!
* New PocketCHIP friendly controls.
* Short tutorial during first enemy.
* Added cool "floating text" to Press Start screen.
* Remove flashing lights when scoring a point and replacing it with subtle camera shake.
* Add water-splashing particle effects.
* Significantly increased AI difficulty.
* Difficulty ramps up as game progresses (more enemies every 5 points).
* Highscore is now tracked saved.
* Improved background and visuals.
* New audio queuing system (more info: http://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=27899).
* Added "Speed-Streak" particle effects.
* Removed debug commands.
* Added ability to cycle color palettes (right arrow on main menu).
* Added music and sfx.
Final version for #GBJAM. Please play and vote here: https://itch.io/jam/gbjam-5/rate/90361!
* New art by @dw817.
* Reduced color palette to 4 colors.
* Improved AI.
More info: http://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=27829
Added score, as well as winning and losing. Basic AI in place.
P#30265 2016-10-08 01:03
Might make that score or lose a life or something.
Might add particle effects to show the water spraying from behind. Water might have a moving pattern beneath too to emphasize vision of motion.
P#30269 2016-10-08 01:35
Let me save a video.
??? Oh, okay, you have to push DOWN on the controller while in mid-air. That's not listed in the instructions. I got it now.
P#31091 2016-10-16 22:53
I even reached the black palette, that's very difficult ( and it's a good thing :D).
If you want, it would be nice to have a death match between two players :)
Thank you, you have made me pass my long train travels to work!
P#32549 2016-11-16 06:59
I can't help but feel like it's a little tooo hard, though. I scored 28 once, which was a blast since I was bouncing from man to man, but the vast majority of my plays I struggle to get 1 or 2 then i get stomped.
I realize that the game is kind of 'fair' right now, that is, your opponents have similar movements and movesets to you (bravo on the AI, btw). However, in the name of fun, might it be worthwhile to gimp them a little somehow? Like, maybe their stomps move slower than yours, or maybe they can't jump as high? They are all on a team, afterall, so this might be evening the playing field.
I don't want to just say "itz too hard," but the fun runs area reaaally good, but boring runs are... kind of blah, and there are so many of them. Just some thoughts.
P#32888 2016-12-01 13:11
paloblancogames: Thanks for the feedback! I really struggled with that aspect of the game. It was really hard to make them easier without making the game *super* easy. The moment I nerf the AI at all, they seem to be really easy to knock off (eg. if they move slower than the player, all you need to do is constantly move away from them and they can't hit you). If I come back for a version 1.1 that will be one of the areas I look into!
P#32900 2016-12-02 00:30
High score: 60! Again, thank you so much, this is a really fun catchy game! It would be neat if there was a little more sense of progression somehow, if you ever consider expanding on it... :)
P#33085 2016-12-05 16:04
P#33091 2016-12-05 17:41
Edit: Yeah, just chained a +10 combo in a row and got 63 without actually shifting palette more than the first pink palette (sunset?).
Anyhow, thanks this is a really fun game. Easy to pick up and play for a few minutes when I am taking a break, and I love the aesthetic. Definitely would be interested if you were considering expanding on the premise. I don't know if it would mess with the balance, but you might consider adding "power ups" that appear periodically, and maybe you can save up to 2 or something, and then if you use them they give you a short boost in speed – this might be useful in dodging under dropping skids.
P#33145 2016-12-06 21:46
Just about the only suggestion I can think of is to add a brief musical jingle for combos that increases in pitch as you get higher and higher combos. It would definitely make the game more fun for me.
P#34100 2016-12-24 15:07
Log in to post a comment