Cart #klunko_factoryline_2-1 | 2023-09-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[48x8]

An arcade-y game based on the Mario Bros. Game and Watch.
This is the second version of my first PICO 8 game. Hope you enjoy it!

How to Play

Move both workers to carry the products up the conveyor belts. Don't let them fall!
Alternatively, control one worker and have a friend control the other in a sort of co-op!

In later levels you will also need to keep track of the winch and siren.
The winch will slowly drop. Too far, and it will break. Move the guy on the right up to the wheel on the top to raise it back up.
Steam will build up over time, as indicated by the siren. Once the siren turns red, the guy on the left must hit the button on the bottom to release it all. Too late, and it will explode!

New things!

You can now save and view highscores! In addition:

Different products

[8x8]
Eventually you will encounter faster moving electronics. Try and keep up!

[8x8]
In later levels you will also need to deal with valuables. They move slow, but the game will be over if even just one falls.

Bonuses

[24x8]
The first bonus will appear between other products. It will fall quickly, but won't take a life. Collect it for points.
The second appears if you made a delivery without dropping anything. Collect it for extra points.
The third acts much like the first, but will return if delivered. Keep it going for a bunch of points!

Powerups

[32x8]
Deliver a powerup to gain its effects.
The wrench will give a life to both workers.
The pipe will open the pipe on the right, allowing you to see ahead.
The weight will raise the winch for you.
The flame will pause the fire valve for a moment.

Controls

This guy:
[8x8]
Move up and down using [X] and [O]

The other guy:
[8x8]
Move up and down using [Up] and [Down]

You don't need to press a button for them to do something, they'll do it if they're in the right spot.

These controls make more sense on keyboard than on controller. You can swap them in the main menu if needed.
You may also pause with [Left] or [Right].

Other things

The controls are now saved between sessions.
There also may or may not be a title screen secret.

I didn't get around to testing the powerups very much so they may be buggy. I also didn't get around to tweaking the difficulty, so feedback is appreciated. I can't guarantee I'll get around to it though

Also had to upload v2.1 because the score was set to 10000, whoops

Thank you to @eeooty for the idea for different item types!

P#134385 2023-09-15 08:47 ( Edited 2023-09-15 09:28)

Had a lot of fun with this one nice touch with the powerups and bonuses. Tried to played on Miyoo Mini but of course being Fake08 experienced a bug when moving left blue guy to the top and if I press X to move up again it bugs out.

P#134823 2023-09-24 02:11

[Please log in to post a comment]