Cart #unwhole-0 | 2023-03-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A short precision platformer with an emphasis on story. Shift between two different versions of the stage to get past obstacles. There are fifteen stages of tough platforming, in addition to seven other stages with dialogue and minigames. Content warning for flashing lights and references to abuse.

Controls

Left and right arrows to move, C to jump, up arrow to run on walls and ceilings, X to shift reality.

Known Issues

• Rhythm game inputs are tied to btn rather than btnp, so you can cheese all rhythm segments by holding all the arrow keys at once. This is intentional; the system was a quick hack job and while it functioned with btnp it got pretty frustrating to use with dropped inputs.
  • There is a part in Level 15 where you can stand on top of the void.

Notes

I made this in eight days as my first game, so it lacks some polish and the codebase is not very flexible. Movement system was inspired by Dustforce.

P#126591 2023-03-04 16:34

I didn't get very far, from a tiny peek at the map I'd say a bit under 1/4, but I liked the mechanics! I think the controls and movement were a bit unpolished and hard to use, making the levels which weren't too challenging in theory really hard.

The movement with just running on walls and stuff could have been explored further before introducing dimension shifting, it has a lot of use cases I think.

Seems like a pretty big game (it has a rhythm game section?!) but the controls and sharp difficulty spike make it pretty hard to get very far. Still impressive for your first game!

P#126649 2023-03-06 03:02

I totally agree with @Munchkin.

P#127018 2023-03-12 04:17

[Please log in to post a comment]