Cart #tomcat-1 | 2022-06-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | Forks ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

So I watched that new Top Gun movie and I really enjoyed it. It gave me some motivation to upload this W.I.P. I have been working on for a while.
I am going for the Aesthetic of the original NES Top Gun by Namco, but I knew I couldn't fit all the sprites in that would be required. So I decided to go with a pseudo 3D effect. This helps with determining how far away missiles are and allows for some fun smoke effects.
I based the weapon systems off of the Ace Combat series of games. The Ace Combat series can be thought of as the spiritual successor to the Top Gun games so it all meshes rather well.

For weapons you have:
High Capacity Air to Air (HCAA)
Long range Air to Air Missiles (LAAM)
Semi-active Air to Air Missiles (SAAM)
And a rather loud gun.

Controls:
Press Z to fire the gun.
Once a target has a red box around them you can press X to fire a missile.
During a landing sequence press Z to slow down and X to accelerate. If you are flying faster than 100 knots you will crash! Dying while landing will set you back to the beginning of the level, but a successful landing will grant 1000 points. You don't need to land if you aren't up for the challenge.

Everything is a Work in Progress. I think I might need to tone down the gun sounds and work on the difficulty curve.

P#113186 2022-06-15 13:16

excellent starting point- I like the chibby planes 👌

P#113218 2022-06-16 06:08

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:        
Generated 2022-09-28 13:10:49 | 0.006s | Q:12