Hi everyone, just completed my first game called Dotmaze, hope you enjoy ! Let me know if you have any comments or if you were able to finish the game ;).
Some details about the game :
- 10 levels + bonus levels and a final boss
- You can play in coop up to 8 players
- 3 Different endings
- Includes a versus mode to compete against friends
- x to shoot laser (cost 1 power) and z to activate equipment (shield pistol or bomb)
- Pickup power from yellow orbs or destroying walls
- If you pickup goggles it will reveal hidden stuff like cracked walls, portals, and the cross
- Portals brings you to special levels that has chests in which you can find permanent power ups
- Oil leaves a trace that kills enemies
- There is one cross per level that you can use to revive all dead players
That was a surreal experience. Still a very playable one, and an interesting experience learning how it all functions. Gold star.
I did get stuck here through misuse of the "mist" ability, but eventually the playfield scrolled far enough that I died and could restart.
I died a lot of times on the run where I completed it, but mostly managed to get at least 50 points each run by sliding along the walls searching for cracks and other sources of points. This does make the "hardcore" mode seem more of a prank than anything else. I will be fascinated to hear if anyone completes it; I see in the source code there is a special ending.
Just where did I pick up orbs? I didn't even realise I was doing it, although the green heads mentioned them.
Thanks a lot @Cowirrie !! I really appreciate your review, it made my day :). I had a hard time dealing with the difficulty actually since having too much knowledge on the game was making me biased. I'm still not sure how to correctly evaluate a game's difficulty, if anyone has ideas.
I have to admit I didn't pass the game on hardcore myself hahah
The orbs are the yellow thingys that gives you power(laser ammo). It spawns when killing enemies or with the randomized items.
about the mist problem, would it have been better to just succeed if going too much north maybe (just like taking a green door). A bit of indulgence from the game XD.
I didn't have space left at the end to do a tutorial but I think that would have been a good idea to plan it before.
Thanks again for playing my game!
[Please log in to post a comment]