Hello everyone ! I'm creating a game for the Explosive Game Jam and I'm looking for a programmer to my game ! Here is the details of my game :

Project name :

Galaxy cleaner

Game genre :

Puzzle game

Description

Clean an overpopulated galaxy by making the habitants go out of bounds ! Each creatures have their own habilities to progress ! (For now, there will be 3 types of creatures)

Payment

N/A

Ask me if you are interesed ! (Ask me any questions)

P#91409 2021-05-03 05:49

I might be able to help with that, since I have a decent amount of knowledge about PICO-8 and it's coding grounds. (I don't need any payment because I do my work for the fun of it.)

P#91455 2021-05-03 22:37 ( Edited 2021-05-03 22:38)

Thank you ! Here is what we need to do for that game :

• Each creatures have his own unique ability (Exept the yellow ones).

• Select the creature you want to control using the X button. (If the button to use an abillity is O)

• The abilities of the gray creatures can be activated by the O button (if the button to switch players is X)

• I think that grid-based movement should take less time to make.

• Gravity.

• Gimmiks that can be used by any creatures to help each others (for example an elevator powered by a button.

• To clear a level, ALL creatures MUST go out of bounds. Using spikes to get rid of them wont work.

• The ability to blue creatures to climb ladders.

• Stairs, can make you go up or down by going in the right way. (Sorry, didn't mentioned earlier)

Don't worry ! I know there is a lot to do here ! I putted the most important ones in bold. You can come back to the rest later.

I'll give feedback about your coding.

P#91471 2021-05-04 05:49 ( Edited 2021-05-05 20:31)

Cart #galaxy_cleaner_test-0 | 2021-05-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here's a test.

P#91546 2021-05-05 20:03

Ok, that's a good start.
But there are some minor / major problems :

• You can set up the player selected (the number up to the right) to negative which don't make any sense.

• You can set up the player selected higher than the number of players on-screen. Make sure when you press X (or O) the player selected goes back to 1 or something like that.

• The players can't jump in the original game (expect the gray ones but that don't really count as a jump).

• There are some unused players. Here are all the players we'll be using :
    [8x8]
    [8x8]
    [8x8]

• I don't like the particle effect. But if you add an effect when a creature lands, it would be better !

• Anything I found that is not what I intended to have will be posted here.

Other than that, everything worked fine !

P#91547 2021-05-05 20:17 ( Edited 2021-05-05 20:20)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:        
Generated 2021-05-14 20:09:29 | 0.011s | Q:19