Cart [#57851#] | Code | 2018-10-12 | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA | Embed

Bug Fix: Mouse was offset in the web browser, hope that fixed it.

Note: If you just see sky, scroll down with the down arrow, and vice versa if there is dirt and stone everywhere.
Added basic terrain generation to my earlier project, not sure if there is a normal way to do it but I think it works okay. This is my second version of the terrain generator, the first is, different. It might be preferable in some cases.

So far just a test I am doing to make a very complex system of interactions as an exercise for myself. Uses blocks telling other blocks to update, and the updating block acts accordingly. You can see witch blocks are updating if you enable debug mode in the pause menu or code. The controls are:
Mouse moves cursor.
Left click draws or selects from hotbar.
Right click selects what the cursor is over.
Arrow keys/Dpad scrolls map.

I hope to add more later. Tell me what you think in the comments. Thanks!
Feel free to modify and share. Just give me credit in the description.

P#53329 2018-06-06 15:18 ( Edited 2018-12-15 13:47)

super tight demo, my guy. quite crunchy. I especially loved the sand and water updating and the sand animation. I will say, the only detail about how the interactions work right now is that i find it kinda finicky how you have to have a 4 tile wide enclosure to build water tiles. I vaguely remember in OG minecraft you needed a tile to build it off of so it would flow but after that it would flow everywhere. This only came up because I was trying to make a huge fish tank and found it really hard to do so with this limitation but I got it ;)

P#53403 2018-06-09 00:30 ( Edited 2018-06-09 04:30)

The water needs to have a "solid" block on either side of it to stay there. That block could be other water. So you so need an enclosure to hold it, and I found if you make the enclosure solid, then overwrite the blocks you want as water, it is fairly easy. This system isn't the best, and it makes as much sense as Minecraft does.

Note: Water mechanics have changed so now if there is a one block space beside a water source it will fill it, but if there are two or more empty blocks the water will disappear (flow out of the area).

P#54204 2018-07-16 05:27 ( Edited 2018-10-12 12:36)

[Please log in to post a comment]

X
About | Contact | Updates | Terms of Use
Follow Lexaloffle:        
Generated 2019-03-24 03:33 | 0.017s | 4194k | Q:24