@zep:

I just marked the last 5-posts in a row as SPAM.

May I suggest you change the settings that anyone who creates an account in here be not allowed to post links on their very first day when they create an account. If they write a post the day after, accepted.

This would greatly cut down on the amount of fly-by SPAMMING we've been receiving as those 'bots live off of posting unwanted links in their very first post.

Thank you.

P#114779 2022-07-25 04:02 ( Edited 2022-07-25 04:27)

I've done the same. May I also suggest a 1 hour time limit between new threads? I feel like there's no legitimate need for someone to. The only times I've seen that be genuine, they would've been better off commenting in / editing another thread.

Also, zep, while I'm here, you mentioned on twitter that real people must be playing the captcha minigame. I wanted to inform you that, there are services you can pay for real people to solve captchas for you. That's more than likely what they're using. So updating the captcha itself may be a dead end, unless you can think of something clever involving an email or etc.

P#114782 2022-07-25 05:59

Ya I'm not 100% certain don't think putting a time limit on threads (though I never make them that fast anyways..)
But please like a limit on links or something

P#114785 2022-07-25 06:59

[Please log in to post a comment]