Welcome to my latest Pico-8 project I'm working on called StarBase! The aim of the project is to create a sandbox style game focused on mining resources from asteroids and building space stations. Any suggestions of what to add or how to improve it are very welcome!
Be sure to take a screenshot and comment pictures of your bases you build, I'd love to see them!
In this update I added auto-tiling for base blocks and EXPLOSIONS!
- Improved the particle system
- Changed some sounds
- Changed ships particle effects
- Reduced the number of blocks in the build menu
- Added explosions and screen-shake
- Added item/block names
- Building over asteroids gets rid of them
- Building landing pads causes you to take off
- Mining lasers on your space-craft that allow the gathering of materials from asteroids
- Different coloured asteroids that will provide different materials when mined
- Different station parts that provide unique utilities (space-craft construction etc.)
- Z = Get out/Into ship (whilst on top of space-craft)
- Z = Land on space stations (whilst in space-craft on a landing pad)
- X = mining laser (whilst near ore)
- Arrow Keys = Float/Fly around
- Z = Place station block
- X = Change current block
I'm in love with your concept, i miss a good old strategy game on pico-8!
If you want some suggestions:
The game could be based on having a population to mantain.
Space stations will require 3 goods: food, fuel, metal ( to work on something hopefully ahah).you start with some resources and periodically they decrease based on population number. These resources have to be mined and delivered to a central station to mantain life.
The population continues to grow over time , so you have to build new space stations ( that will increase the resources needed for the population).
Occasional disaters could be an addition: you are working very well but BAM! one of your stations catches fire!
Hope you like it and it is doable!
Log in to post a comment