Follow
last_apoc
[ :: Read More :: ]

Hello Voxatron community.

I am currently trying to create a fairly simple multi-player game in which an invincible orb chases players around; killing them on contact. The object of the mini-game is to be the last player alive.

Currently I want to create a floor that, as time goes on, starts to fall out from under the players. This "falling floor" reveals the "mud" floor type which kills players who fall into it.

(I was initially going to make the floor lava, but the AI freaks out when the orb tries to hover over the lava, any other floor type except void works, but that's a problem for a different time and thread)

I want the floor to consist of a grid of blocks that fall out/disappear/just go away from the outside in, in even intervals of time. My problem is that I cannot figure out how to destroy blocks in that manner. The closest I've gotten is creating a solid animation of an 8x8x10 block that disappears by 1 z axis each frame starting from the top. The problem with this method is that I can either have the animation start instantly when the game starts or delay the animation until a specified time, but before the animation starts nothing is in its place.

I hope I've made myself clear enough for everyone, and I appreciate any assistance.

P#9177 2014-10-21 23:43 ( Edited 2014-10-22 10:49)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-18 17:30:00 | 0.191s | Q:5