Follow
kilkun

A space man on a space station.

SHOW MORE

I have a few quick qustions about scripting, primarily about the versatility. I know that the primary feature of Voxatron is it's editor, and scripting will add OODLES of possibilities, but, a few questions for future plans I would have with the scripting engine have arisen.

With scripting, only in your current plans for it, would it be versatile enough to make a turn based strategy game with it? Sort of like have a few entities, and define the ammount it's coordinates in the world can change, and after it reaches that, it swaps to another entity that is marked for the player's control, and so on. Along with that, the question of would the scripter be able to make AI that also uses these rules.

The second question is, well not really having to do with scripting, though it would probably be possible with it, will we ever see an entity that spawns a NPC that is grouped with it? an example is, say the PC does an action (Or even a random generator that would trigger it randomly.) that triggers the spawnpoint to spawn a monster, and would continue to do that every time the trigger is activated?

Thanks for taking the time to read my questions, and even more thanks if you answer them.

Back to NetHack for me,

-Kilkun

P#6634 2012-09-26 17:44 ( Edited 2013-03-16 12:34)

SHOW MORE

Cart #5960 | 2012-02-28 | Embed ▽ | No License

I needed to upload this to complete it later at a different computer. But it has some nice changes. Try it!

-kilkun

P#5963 2012-02-28 10:10 ( Edited 2012-04-21 01:29)

SHOW MORE

I needed to upload this to complete it later at a different computer. But it has some nice changes. Try it!

-kilkun

P#5962 2012-02-28 10:10 ( Edited 2012-02-28 15:10)

SHOW MORE

-kilkun

P#5961 2012-02-28 10:10 ( Edited 2012-04-07 05:37)

SHOW MORE

Cart #5377 | 2011-12-15 | Embed ▽ | No License
New release. Chapter 3 is almost done. things take an unexpected twist. lol. Still crap to do in it, like finish the chapter. I also made a better explosion. Happy now peeps?

-Kilkun

P#5378 2011-12-15 11:07 ( Edited 2011-12-16 01:33)

SHOW MORE

Cart #5363 | 2011-12-14 | Embed ▽ | No License
New beta release. Wasn't planning on giving this to the public, but I need to upload this to get it on my home computer. If you play it, expect a lot of bugs and unfinished content. And NO it doesn't contain the proper explosion, I'm stamping that in from a different level once I get it working correctly. Unless... Holy shit. i think I may have just done something that will guarantee it in the next release. Why am I still typing? I'm in a huge-ass rush. I need to shut up now. Dammit! Why do I continue to type?! there we go. AGH!

-Kilkun

P#5364 2011-12-14 11:09 ( Edited 2011-12-14 18:16)

SHOW MORE

So uhm. As you might have seen Mr. Zep sir. I uhm. Well, hehe... uhm hold on a sec...

Ok, I'm good. So as you might have seen Mr. Zep, I recently have been working on a voxatron game (I refuse to call it "level" because by the time I can script this baby and add custom monsters, it probably won't feel like Voxatron so much.) called "Return to Castle Voxelstein", in which I sort of set up a string of levels that follow the adventures of an escaped prisoner from the Nationalist's, blah blah blah, Wolfenstein. Well anyways, I recently came across a song that is rather fitting so much so that it is disturbing. And anyways to get to the point here sir, could you maybe possibly include a little addon to the editor that allows custom music to be implemented and played with the level? I know that you have worked REALLY hard on the current update, and that you are pretty much wrapping things up on it, almost to tying the bow on, but if you could do this small little thing, and include it in the update that is coming out soon, it would be like an early Winter Solice/Yule/Quanza/Another winter holiday present. I can understand if you cannot. I've been down the road of software development, and while custom music inserter is a rather easy thing to do in normal software, the way you store the data in *.png's looks rather complicated and it would make this not possible. But again, it is only a small request from a small user, so if you do not I can definitely understand why. But if you did read this I appreciate the time you took to do so, and I say "thanks for taking time out of your devving to read my small insignificant post that will be swallowed up in the BBS in 1 or 2 days."

-Kilkun

P#5351 2011-12-13 20:50 ( Edited 2011-12-17 12:50)

SHOW MORE

Cart #5349 | 2011-12-14 | Embed ▽ | No License
New update guys. I know I've been pushing out a lot of these lately, but I really want to fix my issues with the levels I started with. Granted, monster spawns have still to be optimized and edited for more enjoyment, but I'm really proud of this update. I've gotten a few concerns about the explosion "animation", and how cheesy it is. Well, you people will be glad to know that I am in the middle of working on that, however, it will take some time and lot's of work-arounds to get working properly. Which means you can expect that to be in either the v4 release or the v3.9 release, both being dated after Christmas. If an early version of the scripting engine or the ability to create animated vobs is in the next release (which is very unlikely, if not completely not going to happen) you can expect it done next week, however that looks very dim so you are going to have to deal with it.

Besides that I added some more content at user request, fixed up a few objects and removed the black squares from gardens and flower pots. Reason why they were there is because I was using the flower default model to "indicate" where you were supposed to step to trigger something. A few releases ago, I decided that it was massively out of place and inappropriate, so I replaced them with what I suppose are kind of like pressure plates.

This also includes the first level of Chapter 3, which I'm proud of. I think it's a much smoother transition that between 1 & 2 and think I might replace that with something along the lines as this.

Again, let me know what you think. The game obviously isn't even close to being done, but hey, I have had a lot of fun devving it, and coming up with creative ideas, so it will continue.

You can bet I'll probably churn out 10 or 8 chapters, with the last one being something familiar.

Obviously, a lot of my rooms that I added in my previous release need sprucing up, so you can expect that in v3.8 or v3.9 near the end of chapter 3.

Anyways, hope you like this one, I sure did!

-Kilkun

P#5350 2011-12-13 20:19 ( Edited 2011-12-14 02:32)

SHOW MORE

Cart #5328 | 2011-12-13 | Embed ▽ | No License
Alright, I finally did a few things. for one, I added a boss fight at the end of chapter 2, still uses the sword of fortune uniform taking system but I smoothed it out in this level and will implement it in others later, I didn't have the time to. I also changed the difficulty and added 2 new levels, fixed some bugs, and made some levels play differently cheers!

-Kilkun

P#5329 2011-12-13 10:33 ( Edited 2011-12-14 00:50)

SHOW MORE

Cart #5307 | 2011-12-12 | Embed ▽ | No License

Hey gang. This time around, I have a full release with Chapter 2 completed so the game ends right before chapter 3. I feel like I skimped out in the second part of Chapter 2, seeing as the first part had skyscraper's blowing up and a secret bunker with prototype wave GUI (Still to be tweaked and finished.) When Chapter 3 gets released, you can expect bug fixes and difficulty tuning in Chapter 1 & 2. I'm not really sure where I'm going with the story any more though. At first, I envisioned the monsters being NaZi soldats (hehe) but now it seems like they are monsters who hate everyone (Refer to the inside of the Skyscraper and the Blue house), but have been tamed in some cases (First enemies.) I dunno if I want to change this or not, leave a response below on your opinion, because I'm rather lost. I don't like the current way I have the monsters though, in some places, it's easy as a breeze, however every other level or so there is a massive difficulty spike (Refer to level 2 & 3, and multiple points in the town.) Let me know any suggestions you have for that too, if you think I should add another boss fight at the end of Chapter 2 in the next release tell me so. Thought that does remind me, If you notice the ending Chapter 2 level has a road blocked off with crates. This road was on the between chapters map, par with another road in the first area. This place will probably not be included or even started until after Chapter 3 when I get my survival with wave GUI working properly, so basically, I just left out a chunk of Chapter 2 because with it, it would have been needlessly complicated, like 3 computers tied together with their wired innards, and MUCH too hard to bug fix without breaking everything for. Though the scripting engine when released will replace a multitude of work-arounds that I did for several levels to get them to sort of play out how I wanted. (C-4 anyone?) Also, don't ask why there is C-4 and cubicles filled with computers in a NaZi era, I'm not quite sure why but it fit nicely in I think. So remember, leave ANY suggestions below and I'll probably include them in the next release.

Best regards,

-Kilkun

P#5308 2011-12-12 10:58 ( Edited 2011-12-12 21:01)

SHOW MORE

Cart #5146 | 2011-12-07 | Embed ▽ | No License
Hey people. This is a new release on Return to Castle Voxelstein, more specifically as the title says, release 2. This time around it also includes the next chapter in an occupied town. The chapter is far from finished and it contains mini-chapters, which one of two in this part of the town is in this release. I tried stepping up the difficulty curve in the new chapter, let me know what you guys think, and be sure to put suggestions for me in the comments. Thanks.

-Kilkun

P.S. Blog post on this is here.

P#5147 2011-12-07 11:02 ( Edited 2011-12-07 16:09)

SHOW MORE

Cart #5081 | 2011-12-02 | Embed ▽ | No License
Here we have the first beta release of my storyline "Return to castle Voxelstein." This is not even close to being finished, I have objects to make, scripts to write, and of course, monster models to make. Most of that can't be completed at this time so I had to use my imagination for enemies. This release it is rather short, so I'll point out what enemies are equivalent to the ones in the wolfenstein games.

The Alien/Cow things that shoot the expanding rings are German officers ( the ones in Wolfenstein who wear a white uniform)

The small blue imps are of course german shephards.

The larger orange and purple imps are German grunts

The Orange grunts are, naturally, SS officers, red and orange included.

The Large Cow/Batimon is either going to be Hans Grosse, Hitler, or General "Fat Face"

It's also available in the BBS list, naturally.

Thanks for giving it a peek! I cannot wait to get the next release out with more levels and objects!

-Kilkun

P#5082 2011-12-02 10:59 ( Edited 2011-12-07 15:34)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-19 06:55:54 | 0.070s | Q:33