Follow
tpots
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #35878 | 2017-01-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

\ Press 'Z' to spawn enemies//
v_003 is a nearly completed version of the game. The game loop is feature complete, but there's a lot I need to adjust to make it more interesting. Obviously there's no visuals on the map, and you can just walk off the map, so I want to fix that. I also want to add some art, adjust some things like the player knock-back when hit, and a splash-screen when you start the game.

Cart #35734 | 2017-01-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

v_002 now with collision! Pretty jankey collision but it's working!

Cart #35616 | 2017-01-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi all!
My first PICO-8 game! It's very WIP now…

The game will feature some sort of countdown that will kill your knight and end the game if it reaches zero, your knight will also die if you get hit three times by enemies. If you kill an enemy you get points added to your score and more time to kill more enemies. The twist is that you spawn enemies by pressing 'Z' and get to control how many enemies are on the screen, but they spawn randomly so you have to keep a balance of enemies on the screen to kill before your time runs out. Once I get the basic mechanics in, I might tinker with the possibility of the countdown going faster the longer you play the game so you have to spawn more and more enemies.

After struggling by myself for awhile on how tables work in Lua I was finally able to get enemies to not all share the same properties and each have their own set of x,y coordinates.

I'm now working on collision and failing horribly. I am an artist not a programmer, critique is always helpful.

P#35617 2017-01-13 16:44 ( Edited 2017-01-17 00:35)