Cart #kugelblitz-0 | 2023-08-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Play as Sofie Engel in this stealthy spin on classic arcade maze games! Maintain your battery reserves, avoid detection, and destroy the Kugelblitz before it fully ignites...

How to Play

Your ultimate goal is to reach the Kugelblitz before time runs out. Before that, however, you must deactivate the two energy barriers that surround it, by overloading the control panels elsewhere in the maze. This will consume half of your battery, which also depletes as you walk, so make sure you have enough - you can restore your battery using the pickups that spawn throughout the maze.

You can get bonus points by collecting the floppy disks that spawn occasionally, but be quick - they disappear just a few seconds after appearing. You'll get an extra life at 10k points, then 20k, 40k, 80k, and so on.

Notes

This is my first (finished) PICO-8 game. It started out as a demake of my entry to GMTK2023, but ended up taking on a life of its own. I hope you enjoy it!

P#132703 2023-08-03 19:51

AHHHH LOVE THE CUTSCENE VIBES!!!

P#132718 2023-08-04 04:29

This is a pretty solid game. I enjoyed it quiete a bit.
I like how the messages at the bottom are randomized. It adds a bit of extra character.
I feel like this game could use more level layouts though, if you aren't already maxed out on map space.

Is there an ending? Or does it just keep repeating and increasing in pace until it becomes impossible?

P.S.
Funny how they have space stations and technology we could never dream of, only to then still use floppy discs.

P#132734 2023-08-04 18:15

@Doriencey Nope, plenty of map space left. I used up the entire sprite sheet, though. There's no ending - it's styled like an arcade game, so it just loops infinitely. It actually stops getting harder after level 7, so if you beat the first nine levels, you've basically seen the whole game. Thanks for playing!

P#132767 2023-08-05 18:59

[Please log in to post a comment]