Cart #catchdude-2 | 2022-03-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Catching apples is a lot harder than it seems...
Help Catch-Dude catch the fruit as it falls from the tree, but watch out for bombs!
The green apples are mandatory and must be caught, while the cherries only add to your score multiplier.
Catching a bomb or dropping a green apple costs a life and ends your combo.
The "X" button (defaults are the x and v keys) will let you sprint faster, while the "O" button (defaults to z and c) will slow you down to a walking pace.
The game features a wrap-around mechanic, where walking off one end of the screen will cause you to appear on the other side by magic! Utilize this (especially on harder difficulties) to catch as many fruit as you can!

Behold, my very first Pico-8 game!
I put quite a bit of time and effort into this, and I hope that it is enjoyable for people to play!
Any feedback, positive and negative, is welcome, as that is how everybody learns how to make more enjoyable games!
I plan to put an in-game scoreboard in the next version of this game, but I'm pretty happy with where it ended up as it is! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

P#109381 2022-03-30 00:16 ( Edited 2022-03-30 00:18)

Fine work, @AmalgamGooze, but the game needs to get harder the more you play it. Suggest increasing the speed of the game itself so not only does the fruit fall faster but the player moves faster as well.

P#109426 2022-03-30 16:25 ( Edited 2022-03-30 16:25)

[Please log in to post a comment]