Cart #36676 | 2017-01-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I'm pretty new to Pico-8 (got it as part of recent humble bundle), but have been coding in C++ for a while.

This started out as a little toy - I just wanted to make the "A"s move around. I brought up a web version on my wife's phone on her birthday and she thought it was cool.

Then I started thinking they A's should be able to wrap, and they need to have some sort of goal, so I added the race to the "coin". Of course, it's no fun if there's just 1 person, so I made either player computer-controlled if it hasn't been touched for 5 seconds. I tuned the speed of the computer-driven player(s) to make it really easy to beat them - it's nearly impossible at full speed.

I found myself watching the 2 computer players, and realized they quickly end up exactly on top of each other, so in my last change I set the winner of the coin to a new random position. And the last thing I did was add a sound effect when one of the players reaches the coin.

The scores just go up forever. If I were to add anything else, it might be to put some clouds or rainbows scrolling by in the background, with some cool parallax animations, and maybe some nice music.

P#36677 2017-01-25 17:27 ( Edited 2017-01-25 22:27)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 13:55:16 | 0.008s | Q:11