Cart #rest_in_pyrite-2 | 2023-11-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

--- CONTROLS ---
Arrow keys to walk
C to jump
X to grapple (in goblin mode)
X to float (in ghost mode)

--- STORY ---
You are a greedy goblin looking for some gold in a dungeon. Unfortunately, the Evil Spirit of the Dungeon™ has cursed all of the gold so that whoever steals it becomes a ghost. There is a catch though: if you bring the gold back to the chest at the beginning of the level, you become alive again somehow!

Use your goblin grappling hook and ghostly floating abilities to make your way to the gold and back!

--- MAKING OF ---
This game was made by two people (ooooggll and Ummmm_ok) way back in October, for a game jam in a game design class. The jam lasted roughly 3 weeks I think. As a result, some features in the game might feel incomplete as we had to get it done by the deadline.

Technically we won this competition, but the teacher is a bit behind and hasn't formally announced this victory yet. I guess we were waiting for the announcement before we published our game to the BBS? But now I'm publishing it anyways. Enjoy!

Special thanks to @jasondelaat for the rotated sine wave function!

P#145799 2024-04-05 13:54 ( Edited 2024-04-18 02:37)

This is excellent! Great sprite work, the grappling hook is very usable, nice challenge level but not too hard (*yet, still playing!), and nice music and polish too. Congrats on your well-deserved win!

P#145808 2024-04-05 16:36

Interesting and well made mechanics!
The two different move sets really complement each other and lead to some good platforming with some puzzling elements.

P#145823 2024-04-05 18:34

I got the gold!!! Too many deaths to mention....

Lovely game. Some of the levels make me want to rip my hair out, but I had a really enjoyable time overall. If you have more tokens I'd like a menu and level display.

I love the ideas behind this game. The idea of having two methods of navigating the same level is really good. The grappling hook feels a little odd at times but is great in the level where you have to drop fast and swing between hooks. The grappling hooks to move boxes is also a really good idea.

Enjoy your victory in the competition! Very well deserved!

P#145840 2024-04-05 20:35

There were a few levels where I could work out the sequence but took a lot of tries to time my grappling. But it was very satisfying to finally pull it off and go hurtling around the level. Gold star.

P#145885 2024-04-06 11:37

Fantastic! I must have missed this release, but I'm glad I got to play it now. Great mechanics and smooth movement controls. Well done.

P#145952 2024-04-07 06:02

My son and I had a bunch of fun playing this at the weekend! Thank you!!

P#146031 2024-04-08 06:56

Really nice! Congrats on the win. Well deserved!

P#146718 2024-04-15 21:56

[Please log in to post a comment]