Cart #harvest_8-5 | 2024-04-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi,

this is a little project I'm working on. It is not much yet and it's based on a video series by @SpaceCat on YouTube.
Feedback is much appreciated, but keep in mind that I'm still a beginner with low experience, so if you would just drop me a code snippet without any explanation or where I would have to drop it, I would probably get lost.

Edit: version changes

v0.1.2

• added energy system. Field work now costs energy (not balanced yet).
  • power station to recharge energy
  • power packs for purchase to recharge power station
  • added unconsciousness when energy runs out (yet to improve though)
  • screen fade out and in (thanks to @dw817 )
  • (time is still running faster for testing)

v0.1.1b

• improved shop ui and functionality
  • improved seasonal time difference day/night
  • bugfixes
  • added harvest claw
  • improved/cleaned input code

v0.1.1a

• bugfix: season for seeds was not active, when purchased from shop
  • added harvest sound

v.0.1.1

• seasonal day/night cycle (time is still running very fast for testing purposes)
  • improved growth
  • minor changes for movement
  • improved ui/shop
  • seasons added and seasonal seeds

Thanks, Lupi

P#145422 2024-04-02 00:57 ( Edited 2024-04-07 10:17)

A solid start, congratulations.
Plant growth can be made more organic by adding some randomness, at the moment, every watered seed turns to plant, and every plant turns to carrot, all at the same time.
It would make sense to hoe carrots out of the ground, but if they are picked by hand and it is intentional that any item used picks the carrot, maybe replace the inventory slot by "take carrot" when the white square contains one ?

P#145441 2024-04-02 07:05

@RealShadowCaster Thank you for your feedback. The growth timing will be changed. My goal is a day night cycle so every day the growth progress will proceed by one. For testing purposes I reduced the time before the groth progress increases, so for now it looks like you described it, I agree.
And yes, I also had the thought to use the hoe for harvesting or maybe even an own tool or a free hand as tool or maybe the possibility to equip and unequip tools. Not sure yet.
I probably will also clean up the shop menus and stuff. For now it feels a little bit chaotic, doesn't it?

P#145460 2024-04-02 11:18 ( Edited 2024-04-02 11:19)

[Please log in to post a comment]