You are Spiderbot, a sentient repair bot in a apocalyptic world after all the humans have died. Your goal is to escape, you try by going deeper and deeper into the labs, upgrading your equipment along the way. Vending machines are refreshed with new loot after every new level cleared. There's a mechanic which sells consistently useful yet expensive upgrades. Heat is a constant worry during combat. You can't just keep the fire button held down, or else you'll enter a fragile overheated state. Buy and equip mods and guns from random loot system. How deep can you go?

This game is an alternative style of vertical scroller+shmup, and with rogue like elements (level generation etc) implemented. There is a unique "heat" mechanic which means firing must be done with more care than most shmups. This game is still pretty far from done, but I think it's done enough to publish for some feedback, and determine what to focus on fitting into the code size limits of pico-8, as I definitely can't fit everything I'd like to in this.

Cart #poyeguhake-0 | 2023-06-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

P#131036 2023-06-16 17:12 ( Edited 2023-06-16 17:13)

[Please log in to post a comment]