Cart #durnshire_xing-1 | 2022-05-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Durnshire Crossing

A Frogger remake

My very first full game on Pico-8! It's a simple fantasy-themed Frogger-like game, with goblins and orcs and stuff. Very simple, just use arrow keys to move around and avoid the monsters along the way. Cross the river with the barrels and boats and grab all coins to get to the next level! Advance far enough and battle the guardian dragon!

Hope you enjoy!

P#112540 2022-05-31 22:03 ( Edited 2022-05-31 22:04)

Fun! I like the 80's arcade vibe of the game, the colours changing as you advance level. I've reached the Dragon level, good addition 👌

Suggestion:

possibly reduce by a couple pixels the hitbox on the left edge of objects in the bottom rows. I kept changing lane as soon as visually clear but often got killed by that transparent edge as they passed by.

Bugs:

• You occasionally experience the miracle and walk on waters. Repro steps: approach river on the right edge of the screen, jump twice landing on the submerging blocks (as they emerge ofc), let yourself slide/hit on the right edge and when the blocks go offscreen instead of falling into water you stand on it.
  • Sometimes you move to level 2 even if a coin is still there (not sure how to reproduce but it seems I got that when I had gameover on level 2 and restarting)
P#112735 2022-06-05 00:41 ( Edited 2022-06-05 01:02)

[Please log in to post a comment]