Cart #kemayebusu-0 | 2024-05-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

The gameplay of this is finished but it's unpolished and also crashes when you would get a game over. I'm posting it just in case I never get around to finishing it because I like the gameplay.

P#148611 2024-05-19 00:50

After a few short runs to figure things out, had a very fun long run that unfortunately crashed when I pressed the shift key (part of the apple shortcut to make a screenshot)

bean is by far the most precious spell, while wrap is much less needed than the rest, hence the 13 stockpile at the time of crash.
While sensible for an infinite game, the randomness of spell gains felt pretty frustrating, especially when bean is at 0 and you know you'll need one in the next 10 moves or the game is over, without any possibility to do anything about it. A bit like hoping for an I tetromino in tetris...
For a more puzzle oriented gameplay, fixed waves could be designed, with ghosts of different colors to denote witch spell would be gained from defeating it. Say a pink ghost for a gust, for example.
This has a lot of potential.

Oh, another fun self imposed constraint I tried : don't let ghosts move into or from your square.(moving into their squares and killing/moving them during your 3 steps turn allowed) Held my ground pretty well before being overwhelmed, and makes warps much more valuable. With this, you really never get a chance to save any spell.

P#148657 2024-05-20 00:07

[Please log in to post a comment]