Hello!

I've recently got into creating games with Pico 8 and having an absolute blast. I've been searching for a solution to my problem but I don't know if its just my inability to search using the correct terms or what.

I'm basically looking for the simplest way to embed the game as HTML or possibly on itch.io but to keep the leaderboard persistent for -everyone- so people could compete. Ideally using some sort of save function but as I understand it they are per system rather than global has anyone looked into this before?

Thanks!

P#143773 2024-03-18 22:20

I believe this is still on the PICO-8 development roadmap and should be built-in eventually. You can, however, use the GPIO range to interact with the web when using an HTML player from what I understand. It'd take some work but you could have your game clients connect to a high score server.

But beware that online leader boards are rife with cheaters and cheating in most PICO-8 games is fairly trivially easy.

P#143776 2024-03-18 22:42

Thanks so much! I'll look into it and see what I can muster. Yeah, I suspected as much with the cheating, maybe if I put a disclaimer asking people to please not cheat they might not ;).

P#143782 2024-03-18 23:08

[Please log in to post a comment]