Cart #pendulum-1 | 2024-02-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Pendulum

Controls: X & C

This is my first attempt ever to make a game.

I was aiming to create a short metroidvania-like game, but with a high difficulty level.

You'll notice graphics and sound effects are not my expertise at all.

But I hope you guys like it.

P#141800 2024-02-22 22:31

It’s great but it’s a little hard for me
I’m not good at platformers

P#141806 2024-02-23 02:44

@Cat12036478 thanks for trying it

P#141821 2024-02-23 14:39

Cool game, but very hard! I made it this far, but I ultimately gave up after an hour of dying around this final segment:

While playing, there were a couple times where I thought I was stuck, but realized the abilities allow one to reach high places. That was a cool "aha!" moment.

The level design is really good when both abilities are involved. Kicking off walls to line up the next rope shot is fun! Traveling the challenge rooms in both directions feels like climbing a mountain twice.

The game requires very high precision, maybe more than I have the reflexes or patience for. The fast fall speed combined with the rope tolerance results in a very small margin for error. I think it might be nice to do any of the following: increase the rope's tolerance, always show an angled line where the rope will shoot, allow players to adjust the rope length while swinging, or reduce the fall speed.

You're going for high difficulty and any adjustments would make the game easier, although it might allow more than pixel-perfectionists to enjoy your cool game.

It might be worth considering saving the player's progress using cartdata/dset/dget: http://pico8wiki.com/index.php?title=Cartdata.

I wish I had beaten Pendulum, but I had fun trying. Thank you for sharing!

P#141823 2024-02-23 17:46 ( Edited 2024-02-23 18:05)

@skarrmann thank you so much for playing and enjoying the game. You've made it really far!!! This segment basically is the last one in the game. Congrats!
Also thanks for the feedback. I will consider reducing falling speed.

P#141832 2024-02-23 22:21

[Please log in to post a comment]