BBS > Lexaloffle Community Superblog
This is a combined feed of all Lexaloffle user blogs. For Lexaloffle-related news, see @zep's blog.

All | Following | PICO-8 | Voxatron | General | Off-site
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #tyijayato-0 | 2021-06-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I'm washing my hands of this project so I can go work on something else

Unimplemented:
-sfx
-Some powerups
-The single landmine in the first level
-A win-state
-The single invisible tanooki

Bugs:
-Collisions
-Attacks
-Ninja Ai

P#93214 2021-06-08 20:22 ( Edited 2021-06-08 20:23)

Why cant i use two music commands one after the other?
music(00)
music(01)

P#93204 2021-06-08 17:22

I made a PICO-8 multiplayer game for the latest Kajam - https://alakajam.com/multiplayer-kajam/1121/colour-crew/

I made use of the GPIO stuff to send updates to a server so that the three (or more) players can collaborate and together solve the puzzle that is the Colour Crew!

You must have at least 3 players since there are three primary colours and each player can only change the state of one of these colours.

Can you find and sign the Journal of Champions?

PS: the cart is hosted on my own server as I need a modified html wrapper to read and write to the GPIO flags.

P#93195 2021-06-08 13:24

Cart #my_first_game-1 | 2021-06-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

P#93189 2021-06-08 09:35

Nice

P#93187 2021-06-08 09:33

Cart #bee_leste-7 | 2021-06-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a BBB game.

I created this terrible mod because my impulse control isn't great. You can jump infinitely because bees can fly and you die if the Bee Movie Script catches you.

Dedicated to the staff of Power Up With Pride.

P#93179 2021-06-08 03:35 ( Edited 2021-06-10 16:46)

Cart #pedrobox-0 | 2021-06-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A toolbox of sorts with some simple algorythms i aways try to replicate when learning a new language.

Since i was only used to command line type programming, having to learn how to program with a new paradigm such as it is with pico-8, it was very interesting and fun.

When making it my biggest concern was to learn as much as possible, and make the code as adaptable as possible as so it would be easy to put the same code to use in different conditions, some of the time i even did the same things in different ways just to see if it would work.

Some kinda cool features.

Different stuff you can do:

- Change Language!

[0x0]

All texts printed within the cartridge can be shown in Brazilian Portuguese or English. It was very good practice, having to organize the text in such a way i could easily call for the text i needed in the right language.

- Sort/Organizar:

[0x0]

Make a randomized number list with up to 999 indexes and watch as it organizes itself in real time, with audio, text and graphics!

- Roullete/Roleta:

Roll a die with up to 99 sides and wait for it to roll consecutively the max number as many times as you want.

As you can guess, the number of tries to end this algorythm can be ludicrous as the probabilities to win go down exponentialy, for example, a 10 side die having to win 10 times in a row has a chance of 1 in 10000000000, or i don't know, a day of nonstop processing from your computer just rolling rng, so i suggest you go easy with no more than a 6 side die like 6 times. Just to be clear, it's the program that will automatically roll the die consecutively, all you can do is wait for it to roll the max number as many times as you choose, it can take a long time to finish if you go overboard.
The die rolls 1 time per frame, but you can change the speed, or even skip it altogether.

- Rock, Paper, Scissors/Janken.

Battle the computer or a friend in this ancient game of wits and guts, and no luck at all!

- Sound/Som.

You can turn the sfx on or off! On top of all the other amazing features, can you believe it?

It is bound to have bugs, so tell me if you find anything.
https://pedrotum.itch.io/

P#93170 2021-06-08 00:52 ( Edited 2021-06-08 00:56)

Cart #zajepurasa-0 | 2021-06-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

COVID Related game from a high school computer science class.

See all our games here: https://sites.google.com/osd.wednet.edu/cs-pandemicgames/home

P#93162 2021-06-07 18:24

Project for High School Comp Sci Class.

Cart #sesizahimu-0 | 2021-06-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

P#93159 2021-06-07 18:12 ( Edited 2021-06-21 17:14)

Cart #konimufori-0 | 2021-06-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Created for a high school project.

P#93158 2021-06-07 18:06

WARNING: This game contains flashing lights and loud noises!

After a long day of work, you find yourself dying for some noodles. What best way to start other than to boil some water?

Can you survive 10 minutes alone with only your thoughts?

NOTICE ABOUT HARD MODE

So, hard mode has a different mechanic compared to the normal game. Good Luck!
If a lot of people have trouble beating it, I'll probably do a video explaining how to beat it.

P#93142 2021-06-07 11:14 ( Edited 2024-01-21 15:11)

Cart #celeste_rng-3 | 2023-06-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A simple little randomizer I made for Celeste. The levels will be in a random order and a random song will play every 10 levels.

Update: added a bunch of different modes (timed, deathless, endless), a much nicer ui, and a blacklist to make it easier to disable levels. Have fun :)

P#93123 2021-06-07 01:40 ( Edited 2023-06-01 00:03)

Cart #picocraftgame-1 | 2021-06-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A 2D recreation of Minecraft, with placing blocks, destroying them, and choosing them!

WARNING!

If you are planning to play this on a raspberry pie, DON'T! this game uses the devkit mouse, which most devices don't have.

Controls

• Left click: Destroy blocks
  • Right click: Place blocks
  • Middle click: Eyedrop
  • Scroll wheel: Choose blocks

A message for modders and beginners

This game is mostly aimed for modders and beginners, since you can add new blocks easily by just changing the value "mxblock" and adding new blocks in the sprite editor, make sure that you give the blocks flag 0! that's how the game knows it's a "block".

Credits

• Notch: making Minecraft
  • Czarlo: me, recreating it
  • ReeceGames: recreating the textures because they kinda sucked (his profile is this)
P#93122 2021-06-07 00:55 ( Edited 2021-06-08 19:54)

Cart #paintco_8-0 | 2021-06-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Made in a couple hours while watching the Power Up With Pride speedrun charity marathon raising money for The Trevor Project.

The community segment was a virtual group paint-along with Bob Ross while streamer TokyoScarab painted along on Mario Paint. I wanted to do my original painting on Pico-8 but I didn't have enough control over the brush. That's why I made this application! I do want to improve it because a lot of it is messy, but I'm happy with it so far and here's an image of the first painting I did with it:

(I meant to make it the label image but I stupidly forgot to do that before closing Pico-8. I do want to figure out how to let people save paintings in progress, though!)

P#93121 2021-06-06 23:52 ( Edited 2021-06-08 00:22)

Cart #bravo-4 | 2021-06-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A boardgame adaptation
based on bravo! roll&write solo mode by designers Inka Markus Brand

In 30 turns score a maximum of points.

Each turn roll 5 dice, pick a pair composed of a number and a color, and check this exact number of boxes matching this color. You can also choose the purple dice for a special efect.

You can only check boxes in the 8th column or adjecent to an already checked boxe.

number dice : 1,2,3,4,5,? (with ? you choose a number between 1 and 5)
color dice : pink, yellow, green, blue, orange, wild (with wild you choose between the five colors)
special dice purple : (2)heart, bomb (4 in square pattern), 3 (3 in the same row), block (an entire block of the same color)

be carefull ? and wild dice are limited to 6 use per game.
at the begining of the game you only have 1 use of special dice purple but can gain more.

Complete lines to score 5 points and get a bonus (bomb,special dice,heart)
Complete columns to score the corresponding number + the number of heart you have

be carefull, at the end of the game each music note not checked score -2

review of the boardgame https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgVxOVZI_Ek&ab_channel=TheDiceTower

complete rules https://juegosrollandwrite.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/ONE_MORE_ENCORE_Noch_mal_so_gut_Rules_English.pdf

P#93112 2021-06-06 16:26 ( Edited 2021-06-08 05:39)

I've been trying to import a tile set from Aesprite to Pico 8 and I cant seem to figure it out. The tile set is saved as a PNG and I put it in the Pico 8 carts folder. I tried importing it with the Import command and that wouldn't work. What might I be doing wrong? is there another way of doing this?

P#93106 2021-06-06 14:05 ( Edited 2021-06-06 14:05)

Cart #webkit_proto-2 | 2021-11-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Long winded explanation:

Before I explain exactly what this is and why it exists, I need to explain the history behind it.

Some of you may have seen the (relatively small amount of) attempts to implement a BBS-type system by taking advantage of the General Use Memory region and it not being cleared by load(). It fascinated me when I first came across it, but I eventually forgot.
Recently, I came back to the concept with a new idea: static web pages. General use memory can contain 4864 32-bit numbers if not using the custom font, which is more than plenty for a page written in a simplified markup language. We can take that even further if we use the breadcrumb string passed to carts through load().

The first step for me was designing the simplified markup language. I decided on something I call PPML, Portable Pico Markup Language. The syntax is the following:

tagname> tag content

A paragraph, for example, would look like this:

p> This is a paragraph

I decided this was suitable and moved on to the next part.
This next part was the renderer for the PPML. This is what you see in the above cartridge, displaying a demo page. The renderer consisted of a list of tags with rendering functions, a Global Render table and a Frame Render table. The Global Render contained persistent stuff like the background colour, while the Frame Render contained things like the cursor position for text. This then took the PPML, contained in the first tab, and processed it into a table for easy use. The _draw() function then simply looped through this content table, calling the tag render functions with the necessary arguments.
It's a simple method, but works pretty well.

The next step would be the networking; loading the cartridge, processing the data it left in General Use Memory and converting it into usable PPML. Then that can be fed into the renderer, and you can see the page.

Of course, this renderer is a proof-of-concept prototype. A lot more tags still need to be added and hopefully a very simple scripting language.

When all this is done, I hope to have a fully functioning browser which would let you browse the PicoWeb and maybe play some small games on Newgrounds-esque sites. But, we can only hope.

Feel free to leave feedback on the renderer/game plan!

UPDATE 0.2:

• A bit more content to show possible use cases
  • Implemented scrolling with mouse wheel with @Einstein2's tips
  • Now shows mouse
P#93104 2021-06-06 10:52 ( Edited 2021-11-01 09:31)

Cart #asteroid_shooter-3 | 2021-06-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is my first time playing around with PiCO-8. I learned really a lot from the zine written by @MBoffin. I made this Asteroid Shooter just because this is one of my favorite game genres, which really take lots of time to play when I was a kid.

Controls of Asteroid Shooter

Left/Right: Steer
X: Shoot
Up/Z: Boost
Down: Slow down

--

Meanwhile, I've also written an introduction article here (https://weifanchen.medium.com/70c0b62abc95) talking about my first experience about PICO-8 (in Traditional Chinese) to let more people in Taiwan get more access to PICO-8. Maybe there will be more and more people who love to play with it.

I hope you enjoy it.

P#93103 2021-06-06 07:59 ( Edited 2021-06-06 13:01)

a tiny, soothing animation.

Cart #zehomimugi-0 | 2021-06-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

P#93100 2021-06-06 07:00 ( Edited 2021-06-06 07:02)

Cart #picoguessr-1 | 2021-06-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hey Guys !

This is my first pico-8 game (and my first finished game in general).
PicoGuessr is highly inspired from the gameplay of the famous GeoGuessr.

In a nutshell: you are in a 3D maze and you have to find your starting position on the map.

Controls: move with the arrow keys. At any time you can teleport to your starting spot using [x]. And [o] let you switch between the 3D view and the map.

It's not that easy if you don't look carefully ;)

Enjoy,
Koxinga

EDIT : Thank you for the feedback. Here is a new version with some corrections (in the UI mainly).
Changelog :

• new textures for the wood walls
  • map background color changed
  • walls not selectable (there is a hint saying "This is a wall" and a sound is played)
  • added a compass in easy and medium modes
  • menu items to "quick restart" and "back to title"
  • you can choose to see the solution after you lose
  • various sound effects
P#93081 2021-06-05 23:15 ( Edited 2021-06-09 01:54)
View Older Posts
Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-19 04:52:05 | 0.194s | Q:85