Follow
Matt_gday
jugglestruggle
by
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #juggle_struggle-1 | 2023-04-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Juggle Struggle

Hey guys, I've finished my very first Pico-8 game.

I've had so much fun using my artistic skills creating sprites for the game and enlisting the aid of GPT 4 to help with the coding. It's been an adventure filled with excitement and some frustration trying to rangle GPT into line to get it to output the code I needed. There are some pretty cool particle effects, music and sound effects. Play as you listen to the calming waves.

Here's GPT 4's marketing blurb for the game...
Unleash your inner juggler with "Juggle Struggle"! ๐Ÿคน‍โ™‚๏ธ This groovy game will have you bouncin' balls and smashin' targets like a true pixelated pro. Can you keep up with the ever-increasing tempo, or will you drop the ball (literally)? Hop into the arena and show off your mad juggling skills. After all, why juggle responsibilities when you can juggle virtual balls instead? ๐Ÿ˜Ž So, ready to join the struggle? Let's juggle! ๐ŸŽฎ

How to Play

• Move the paddle with the arrow keys to keep the juggling balls in the air.
  • Extra Balls are added every 10 seconds.
  • Hit the floating target to get bonus points.
  • Hit the targets before they cross the screen and the bonus for each one grows by 5 points each time.
  • Watch the countdown timer in the centre of the screen which signals the end of a level - a chance to take a breather - before getting back into the ball juggling action with even mre balls to juggle at once as the levels increase.

See what level you can get to and post your hight scores in the comments!

P#128468 2023-04-12 12:26 ( Edited 2023-04-15 12:50)

[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #jugglestruggle2-0 | 2023-04-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Work in Progress.

Move the paddle and keep the juggling balls in the air. Extra Balls are added every 10 seconds. Hit the floating target to get bonus points. Hit the targets before they cross the screen and the bonus for each one grows by 5 points each time.

See what level you can get to and post your hight scores in the chat!

This game was created with the help of GPT 4. I didn't write any of the code myself but I'm learning more as I go along. There are still some more things to add but it's progressing quickly.

Cart #jugglestruggle3-1 | 2023-04-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

P#128221 2023-04-06 14:04 ( Edited 2023-04-12 12:13)