Follow
brightblue
[ :: Read More :: ]

When Picotron was first released (around 0.1.0c) it seemingly just appeared in my Downloads/Updates page as a thing I could download, along with Voxatron, PICO-8, Chocolate Castle and others. I could download it just fine, and I continued to get new versions as they were released up until 0.1.0e.

At the time, I assumed this was intentional, perhaps because I'd purchased the Voxatron Debut Bundle way back in 2013. I believe there was a similar giveaway of the PICO-8 to who'd purchased Voxatron?

I understand now that Picotron just appearing on my Downloads page probably wasn't the intended behaviour of the website, and the Picotron should require a separate purchase to access, even for previous bundle/PICO-8 purchasers?

As of a couple weeks ago when version 0.1.0f was released, Picotron stopped appearing at all on my Downloads page.

I just wanted to check:

• Is it definitely intended behaviour that Picotron requires a separate purchase, and it wasn't given for free to anyone who'd previously purchased the Voxatron Debut Bundle or PICO-8?
  • Am I the only one who had this experience of Picotron appearing on my Downloads page without purchasing it?
  • Is there any chance of the March discount on Picotron being extended? Had I realised that Picotron required a separate purchase, I would have purchased it during March while the discount was still available.
P#147540 2024-04-29 09:13 ( Edited 2024-04-30 07:56)