Follow
SpiderBee
Quoridor: Apples VS Oranges
by SpiderBee
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #orbwinder_quoridor-0 | 2023-09-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Quoridor: Apples VS Oranges

This is my port of the board game Quoridor created by Mirko Marchesi.
In my version of the game, the pawns are replaced with "fruit" because it works better with the color palette. All of the rules are programmed into the game logic to prevent any illegal moves. Unlike other online versions of the game, the fruits start on the sides of the board, rather than on top and bottom. I think this makes it much more comfortable to play in local multiplayer.

There are a few more features I want to add, but this version is basically complete. Have fun!

The physical game is published by Gigamic Games and is available from many stores. Check out the Board Game Geek site for purchase links.

P#134792 2023-09-23 03:05

[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #komapegufa-0 | 2019-06-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A reimagining of the rules of chess.
I don't have anyone to test the game with, so if anyone plays a round, I would absolutely LOVE your feedback. there are very many issues still such as the lack of a two-space pawn move, and no victory event, but I hope to have those finished soon and I hope you can still enjoy what I have made. I also hope you can understand the concept without the tutorial :/
thanks for checking out my game!

Update 2022-11-03:
If anyone decides to play, here is the basics:

• a turn is made of two actions
    • action 1: paint a tile
    • action 2: move a piece

The idea is that the way pieces move is determined by the color of ground, rather than only by directions.
For example, instead of thinking of a bishop as the piece that moves diagonally, think instead that it can only move across tiles that are the same color that it is standing on. The castle moves across alternating colors, etc.

I may never finish this experiment, but I still love to read feedback and suggestions!

P#65163 2019-06-12 04:48 ( Edited 2022-11-03 05:08)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-29 05:08:37 | 0.068s | Q:14