Follow
DragonXVI
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #dragonxvi_fnaf-0 | 2023-12-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This was a little project I started around Halloween, something I've seen a few attempts of before, but wanted to try it m'self: remake the first FNAF game in PICO 8.

The actual mechanics of the game are fairly simple, most of it's just timers + dice rolls, but trying to ape the presentation of the game was probably the biggest challenge. In the end opted for a sort've mix of first person and top down perspectives.

Think the behaviours are fairly authentic to the original, there's a couple of functional under the hood differences. Despite being decompiled and heavily analysed there's still a lot of vague information about how some of the mechanics work in the original, but there was enough there to get the basics down.

As always this is a fan made demake - all characters 'n concepts are (c) Scott Cawthon.

Controls:

• Controls are entirely mouse controlled.
  • (Cheat) Hold Z/button 1 to skip time while in game.

Features:

• The 4 classic animatronics with their original behaviour.
  • All 5 nights from the original game with save system.
  • Bonus 6th night unlocked after beating Night 5.
  • Bonus custom night unlocked after beating Night 6.

Hints:

• If you hear stomping, it means an animatronic is getting closer and may be found in the lower half of the map
  • Can't find someone on the cameras but think they're close? Check the door lights in the office.
  • Bonnie and Foxy will travel via the left hall, while Chica and Freddy use the right.
  • Hear a strange noise and can't close one of the doors? Someone's got into the office...

Stuff that didn't make it:

• Golden Freddy: his poster is set up to swap, but didn't get his actual appearance in.
  • Hallucinations.
  • The end game reward screens (earning your paycheck/getting fired etc).

Plenty of tokens left for adding stuff and code is mostly awful.

Number of times I jumpscared myself while working on this: 7

P#138272 2023-12-05 14:41 ( Edited 2023-12-05 14:51)

Cart #d16solais-0 | 2020-04-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My entry for LD46 (Compo)! Created in 48 hours from scratch, mostly as an excuse to mess about with tline and the new pico8 version!

Delve into some ancient ruins following a mysterious voice, but watch out for the encroaching darkness! Keep your torch lit via passing flames and reaching checkpoints as you descend deeper. Avoid spikes, watch out for dowsing waterfalls, master difficult platforming and discover the ancient secret within!

Fairly tricky platforming, so congratulations if you manage to reach the end! Your time will be displayed on completion too if y'fancy speedrunning it!

Controls:

• Arrow keys: Movement
  • Z: Jump, Start game
P#75000 2020-04-19 19:28

Cart #51894 | 2018-04-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

v1.1: Fixed boss door, made spikes 'n barrel fairy a bit easier, other things

My entry to Ludum Dare #41 compo! Made in 48hrs from scratch!

The illustrious Rhythm Witch Anemone Reawolf has a problem - her underground storeroom is in complete disarray and the Storemaster's nowhere to be seen. Can you navigate a trap-filled dungeon, rescue the odd fairy and uncover the true mastermind behind all this chaos?!

Witchbeat fuses rhythm-game mechanics with good ol' dungeon delving. Get close (but not too close!) to your enemy and attack in time with the beat. Solve puzzles, find keys, beat up blobs and generally faff about.

Controls: Arrow keys to move. Z to attack/next dialog

It's been an idea I've wanted to try for a while. Some of it works... It's a little buggy, and there's no auto/input lag calibration (might add it later) so it's probably unplayable on some machines, but hopefully it works for the most part!

Happy beats!

DragonXVI

P#51893 2018-04-22 17:40 ( Edited 2018-04-25 19:35)

Cart #42930 | 2017-07-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My entry to Ludum Dare #39 compo! Made in 48hrs from scratch!

As you awake from stasis, you find your ship's autopilot has landed you on a derelict station. No human lifesigns for lightyears, but an automated message was picked up that states there is a stargate several lightyears away to take you to the last bastion of human civilisation - Utopia!

But your ship is low on power and you're hungry and everything's really horrible. Can you scavenge enough supplies to reach the stargate before you die/run out of power/starve? Probably not! But good luck anyway!

It's a basic Roguelike where you have to scavenge derelict stations for supplies and avoid alien creatures. At any time you can enter your ship and take off to the next set of destinations, but this costs power, which must be salvaged from the stations. More distant stations tend to offer bigger rewards, but more risk and more power cost to reach.

Controls:

• Arrows: Move char, select destination
  • Z: Interact (pickup thing, enter ship, confirm destination)
  • X: Cancel (close destination screen)

Hints:

• Blobs and Hackwings will ignore you so long as you stay out their way
  • Solar Farms have a tonne of power to loot.
  • Find upgrades for your equipment quickly! Military Bases always have Weapons or Armor, but also have short range turret defences on site.
  • If you use health kits at full health, you'll increase your max health!
  • Don't starve! Habitats often have frequent food, otherwise you'll have to hunt monsters!
  • Weapons in order of power are: Fists, Crowbar, PBlade, Pistol, Rifle
  • Armor in order of strength are: Suit, Lt. Armor, Med. Armor and Hv. Armor. There's supposedly some rare experimental suit that supposedly regenerates health too!

Happy trails!

• DragonXVI
P#42932 2017-07-30 19:13 ( Edited 2017-12-14 14:37)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-19 04:35:31 | 0.070s | Q:19