[back to top]

[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #49319 | 2018-02-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Inspired by Christopher Alexander's A Pattern Language, in Itty Bitty Citty your score depends on building patterns of residential, commercial, industrial and park areas. Two residential tiles next to each other gets you +1 health, residential next to commercial gets +1 health and +1 wealth, industrial next to residential gets -2 health, and so on. There are two independent scores, with no combined metric—it's up to you to decide whether you care more about health, wealth, or a balance between the two.

Have a play and see what patterns you can find! And let me know your scores, I'm not sure what the highest wealth or health possible is :)

Here are a few patterns to get you started:

RR : +1 health

RC : +1 health, +1 wealth

II : +1 wealth

RI : -2 health

RI
RC : +2 health (4-tile pattern)

... and many others!

(all patterns will still match when rotated/flipped)

P#49320 2018-02-16 01:16 ( Edited 2018-02-20 23:17)

Cart #42942 | 2017-07-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Made for Ludum Dare #39, theme: Running Out of Power. [view on ldjam]

It’s happened, the last solar panel on your gem factory roof finally carked it and you’re down to just battery power. Make as many gems as you can with the power you have left!

At first you’ll only be able to afford hulking, inefficient machines, but as you sell your fine gems you’ll get the cash you need to buy sleeker, shinier, more efficient (and more complicated) devices to make good use of that battery charge.

Controls:

• Use the mouse or the dpad to move the cursor.
  • Press Z to place a belt, pusher or building.
  • Hold down X to show the toolbelt, which you can navigate with the dpad. Left and right choose the tool, up and down select the building to place when you’re in the building menu.

Tips:

• Check the power usage of the buildings you’re placing. More expensive buildings tend to be more complicated to operate, but will use less power!
  • Pushers will push every second gem that passes them onto the next belt over.
  • Try to have the most $ when the ⚡️ reaches zero!

NB: I haven't yet tweaked the buildings and recipes to make sense and provide an interesting puzzle, but the engine's about where I want it to be :)

P#42943 2017-07-31 02:45 ( Edited 2017-07-31 20:32)

Cart #23183 | 2016-06-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

An alien astronomer is using a very inefficient method to observe the star systems they visit. Their spaceships are terribly advanced, but their optics are woefully behind: their best telescope only lets them see a single color.

But they persist. They survey the sky, one color at a time, moving the telescope just a little each time, and noting down the color they see. Slowly, painstakingly, an image emerges.

P#23184 2016-06-19 04:28 ( Edited 2016-07-04 01:43)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-18 23:47:21 | 0.104s | Q:18