Cart #yokohama-0 | 2023-09-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

The Yokohama Coffee Shop ☕️

Welcome to Yokohama! The year is 2121. Mankind is dead. Robots still work in certain facilities to maintain the power supply. Between shifts, they visit coffee shops to experience what humans called a 'coffee break'. You are an android barista and your job is to serve your customers quickly.

This is my entry for the Cre8 Jam. I struggled for a few days after the theme was announced, but luckily I was reading Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou at the time, and this really beautiful solar punk manga is about a robot barista in a post-apocalyptic world serving coffee to the few humans (and robots) left in the area. It seemed like a good fit, so I decided to make a Tapper-like game with robots and coffee, and added some flickering neon signs for good measure.

How to play

• Wait for a customer to come in and order a drink (or food).
  • Go to the top end of your bar and get the right drink.
  • Serve the drink to the customer.

HINT: Press any action button while moving to double your move speed!

In the bottom right corner is a bomb icon that shows the number of lives you have left. You will lose a life if you take too long to serve a customer and they leave. If you lose all your lives, the game is over.

Game modes

Happy hour

Regular mode, with more and more customers coming in and patience wearing thin.

Rush hour

Like regular mode but starting in round 5.

Casual

Regular mode, but with all the patience of the robot world. However, you only get one point for each customer. It's only fair!

P#134457 2023-09-16 21:22

got a 551 points in my first try. great game! feels very arcade-y, which is also nice. cute visuals too!

P#134470 2023-09-17 02:08

This is an interesting and fun game. The description of this game brought me back to a fan video for a song. The video is about robots taking over as the supposed dominant species, and a robot band is singing. I'll pass the link
https://youtu.be/kw6B1jfboTA?feature=shared

P#134475 2023-09-17 05:24

achivements

P#134482 2023-09-17 10:11

This is great, i love the diner dash genre. Great artstyle too, the cute little animations make it pop.

P#135214 2023-10-01 14:51 ( Edited 2023-10-01 14:52)

[Please log in to post a comment]